Making your own spells.

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
nakano1417

Making your own spells.

Post by nakano1417 »

So I’m rather new to magick. Today I cleansed my portion of the house and I didn’t have a specific chant that I liked so I combined a bunch of different ones together to make a new chant/spell. So my question is will this still be effective in enhancing my intentions with this cleansing even though it is not truly something I made? I felt a little lighter afterwards and when I moved out of my space there was a heaviness in the air. Any tips and advice I will always welcome.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Making your own spells.

Post by SpiritTalker »

Absolutely. If your incantation helps you to focus on the goal then it’s doing the job. Even a jingle that lifts your mood makes your aura lighter and brighter. You constructed the mix of phrases.

Standard Tips -

. Practice Casting - hold hands, palms facing 🙏🏼 to practice psi balls & notice sensations. Focus on intent & push power from the belly & thru your hands 🙌🏽. Practice making psi balls between your hands. Shake your hands to clear the energy.

Magnetize Your Workspace- before setting up gear

. Meditate a few times & fill your space with good vibes to create a clean slate to build on.
. Prep table - damp-wipe it, incense it, anoint it with oil & magnetize it with your energy 🙌🏽.
. Supplies: 💨incense -🕯candles &⚱️oil -🍷cup - 🧂salt - represent air, fire, water, earth elements.

About Spells:
. Choose spell materials by their relation to the goal - by element, how it’s used, suggestive scent or appearance.
. Incantations are instructions; say only the results you want.
. Pull your power to your belly on the breath, focus and push intent from the gut thru the hands 🙌🏽 & into the spell.

nakano1417

Post by nakano1417 »

Thank you so much!!! That is so helpful. This is pretty much my only way besides books to get help. I haven’t been able to find any others near me.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Most Solitary Crafters share the same hair tearing conundrum. Eventually it starts making sense and you start trusting your intuition. Asking questions is a good way to find out what you want to know so don’t be shy. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=34769 topic “getting started” might be useful.
Hazel Moon

Post by Hazel Moon »

I was in the same situation years ago when I first started. I am a self taught solitary, and for a while I had very little in terms of reading material in order to learn. I actually tried looking for spellbooks at the library. Obviously that didn't work out very well.

But one thing I can tell you is that, in my opinion, I think that combining verses from different incantations and using it in a spell makes it your own, because you have modified it to suit your needs. I've done this before. And in my honest opinion, combining elements from different spells then modifying the instructions and adding your own ingredients enhances the power of the spell.

I've had more success with spellcasting this way. Of course, this is just how it works for me. All individuals are different, and it's important to find what works for you. The good news is there's nothing wrong with what you did, and it's an excellent way to start.
We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
Love knows no limits, not even death.
nakano1417

Post by nakano1417 »

Oh good. I got a little concerned today when I went to do it again today my flame was dancing all over the place as if someone was trying to fan it out. But then after cleansing and meditation along with a nap it was back to normal.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”