Athame Consecration

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Steven

Athame Consecration

Post by Steven »

I searched the forum for this and found very little. I am curious about Athame consecration in particular. What have some of you done. What are your beliefs. Thanks.
Baratoz

Re: Athame Consecration

Post by Baratoz »

Steven wrote:I searched the forum for this and found very little. I am curious about Athame consecration in particular. What have some of you done. What are your beliefs. Thanks.

Everyone has his or her own way of doing it and you will eventually figure out which is best for you. This is how I clean and consecrate all my tools.

I have a special blessed bowl I only use for this and I fill it with distilled water, add a pinch of kosher salt and a squirt of lemon juice. I then bless the whole mix and use it to wash my altar and tools and dry them with a towel I only use for this. I wash the chalice like any other cup, but I then dip it in the special water like all the other tools.

I then anoint the four corners of the altar with my altar oil and cast a circle. Inside the circle I will dab my finger in the purification oil I made during a previous circle and rub it on the tool, or in this case the athame and say the following while I visualize all the negativity disappearing from the object:

Blessed Lord and Lady, with this oil of purification I consecrate this “item name” in your name. Let it serve me well.

The trickiest part for me was getting the whole thing in motion, so I originally cast my first circle using my hand instead of my athame. I then made my special oils. Also, I’m into the whole making oils and stuff like that, but if you don’t want to you could just use plain old vegetable oil, but just bless it, charge it and assign it for it’s use inside the circle. I buy my little bottles from AC Moore. They are the best for this. They have a variety of little bottles with corks that are great for this and they only cost 99 cents each. I don’t boil them to sterilize them because sometimes they crack, so I use a little anti-bacterial soap with water to clean them out when I first bring them home. After they dry out I cork them and store them for later use. :) I’m building up a nice little collection of potions and oils.
Only through silence can we truly hear the words of the Goddess and God.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

I was just going to ask the same question. Thanks for the help both of you!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Athame Consecration

Post by SpiritTalker »

Consecration follows a formula - purify 🧂💦 + 💨, anoint⚱️, magnetize 🙌🏽

Purify with salted water to remove cooties 🧂💦 & by fuming with incense 💨 smoke
Anoint with olive oil to hold a psychic charge ⚱️
Magnetize - pull power on the breath to your belly, focus on goal, push power from the gut & thru your hands 🙌🏽

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”