Ancient Chinese Materia Medica

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Ancient Chinese Materia Medica

Post by Naudia Threng »

Merry meet! I'm quite interested in the ancient Chinese art of herbal remedies through decoction, tea, tong ren, liniments, etc. I already dabble a bit in tea and decoction and grow my own herbs, but i wanted to be more in depth. I've seen many people on here that appear to know a least something of Asian culture, so i thought i'd ask for tips, recipes, websites, books, people, plants, etc.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
manyeo

Re: Ancient Chinese Materia Medica

Post by manyeo »

Well firstly asian culture doesn't make sense. Asia is a huge continent and within that continent are numerous countries with a plethora of traditions and methods specific down to the city/province.

So when you say "asian culture" please be more specific. We are not a homogenous clump.

I'm not chinese, but have you looked into your nearest "Chinatown" to ask the shop owners concerning Chinese traditional medicine?
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Well, I meant Chinese as an example. I did t realize that I put it in the topic. I'll change that asap. I meant general Asian culture. And I actually don't have a by Chinatown sadly. I do however, have an Asian culture market, but the owner is from Kentucky and bought it from his friend. I asked and he doesn't know anything about that kind of thing.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Coven

Post by Coven »

:-|
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Both of those you tube sites are great for herbal info, though not all about Chinese medicine, they do touch on some here and there.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

See https://reddit.com/r/TCM/
The book by Penelope Ody - The Complete Medicinal Herbal has some good info very short on both China and India.
For seeds https://richters.com they are in Canada.
barker

Post by barker »

A Chinese Teaching (From Barker)

A pea in water.
A stone in sulfur.
A rat in a bag.
A coin in the loo.
A dog in a hat.

One is happy with one's ultimatums for one is divine.
barker

Post by barker »

A feather in your cap?
One is happy with China, for China is international.

In this world of Nazism and false Christianity I can illuminate that Hitler and Jesus both wanted the thing to be honest - so be the way of promises, so be never the way of threats, to the sincerity of the truth, ie the Buddha is just as religious as YOU.
barker

Post by barker »

China is really so perfectly switched onto natural justice that we ALL bear it, indeed with a certain amount of pride. I like infinity, I really like it. The more eternal gizmo's in contrast like a cup of tea more than a sword in quest of that. Does it pay to put away your sword? China! Yes!!!

Does it pay to "put away" your cup of tea. Indeed, politely. barker
barker

Post by barker »

A Chinese Teaching (barker)

A sword in a philosophical stone?
--> Ah yes, one is satisfied with the ultimatum's of all people, when we are incumbent to our families. And I am one...
--> King Arthur, for the curious, is a case of "my stone, my world," so his descendent's know the mystery sooner than the fame, in humanity.

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”