Desert Rose spirit?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Negoni

Desert Rose spirit?

Post by Negoni »

Hi , I've recently got a new crystal called desert rose. From what I've read it was stated that each individual piece had a Gaurdian spirit attached to it I was wondering if there was some more in depth information on it. Does anyone have any experience with said phenomenon?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Desert Rose spirit?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Taken from:
http://raregoldnuggets.com/?p=6150

LEGENDARY METAPHYSICAL PROPERTIES

The desert rose has traditionally been prized for an assortment of alleged metaphysical powers. They have historically been used as a talisman for protection against or cures from a variety of physical ailments and psychological or emotional problems. Each of the rocks are said to contain its own spirit which supplies the powers which benefit people. Not surprisingly, like many objects which are believed to possess supernatural powers, the desert rose has been used by shamans and witches throughout history.

The desert rose is believed to have a number of physical benefits, ranging from both minor aids to life saving properties. Some of the comparatively minor physical gifts it is said to bring include improved muscle flexibility, improved elasticity of skin, and helping heal certain viral infections.

Somewhat more impressive powers attributed to these rocks curing backaches, ulcers, psoriasis, and, depending on your priorities, improved sex drive and fertility. A truly impressive physical benefit allegedly attributed to the desert rose is treatment for prostate cancer.

Some of the emotional and psychological difficulties it is supposed to aid are improved confidence, mental focus, and psychic abilities. It supposedly provides greater motivation, self-worth and confidence.

The desert rose stone has also been a favorite of shamans or witches over time. Each desert rose is said to have its own spirit guardian. It is also said to improve your dreams and recall of previous lives.

I haven't handled or worked with this particular stone but, on the emotional level, I have felt others respond as though there were an indwelling, animating presence ie, a spirit that puts itself at the service of an expressed need.
Negoni

Post by Negoni »

Oh , thanks for the insight and extra information.
Whenever I start working with it I'll keep an open mind to your perception.
annika_kapalika

Post by annika_kapalika »

For any gem stone that has a spirit inside, meditate with it as soon as you go to your sanctum. Talk to it, get to know the spirit inside, ask it what it does and ask it how it can help you. I have one whose only purpose is to protect my room. I work online and my energies would tend to scatter everywhere in my room depending on who I talk to.

Enjoy your desert rose!
Alfazon

Post by Alfazon »

Quite unrelated, but i purchased some desert rose and i must say the power this stone holds within is truly amazing. I didn't even use it or cleanse it but just by having the stone within my space it brought my subconscious desires and needs to the forefront of my life. The intentions that i was putting out into the universe really came back to me in such a positive and uplifting way. that was just it sitting in my room without me using it. Now that i have cleansed it and included it within my rituals it is really a great accompanying tool to have within your spiritual journey.
May the Water cleanse you
May the Fire drive you
May the Earth be your foundation
May the Air teach you
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Does anyone get a sense that this stone is fragile?
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
evil ed

Post by evil ed »

Firebird wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:13 am Does anyone get a sense that this stone is fragile?
Bb, Firebird
Depends on which one. Selenite Desert Roses are the more common ones. Like all selenite, they are really fragile! The Barite Desert Roses hold up much better!

E.E.
By the prickling of my thumbs,
something Wiccan this way comes!

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”