The very lonely Dianic.

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Opal

The very lonely Dianic.

Post by Opal »

Ha ha, not really. I prefer practicing alone for the most part.

It's just that I wish I could find other pagan friends who weren't so quick to turn away the moment the 'D' word rolls out of my mouth. Primarily, I'm a hedgewitch. I do not follow Wicca, because I felt as though the practice was very hetero-normative. I don't think this was done out of malice, I just think that it doesn't suit a woman-loving-woman like me. Yet, almost every time I express my spirituality I am met with harsh words and assumptions about the kind of person I am. It's discouraging, and so apart from my girlfriend, I don't really have the friendship or support from other witches.

Why so much hate toward Dianics? I am trans-inclusive. What have i done that's so wrong and offensive?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: The very lonely Dianic.

Post by SnowCat »

People tend to fear what they don't understand. I think the membership here includes at least a few Dianic followers.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
freyja13

Post by freyja13 »

I would love to learn more about Druidry? I am a Northern Heathenist Practicioner of Germany, so I can understand. Historically we wouldve both been sinilarly treated by the religiou authorities of the day.
I would love to learn about druidry a lot of the plants in my garden ive read are sacred druid herbs like vervain and yarrow, maybe i have a druidic calling i need to follow?
Chris Fox

Post by Chris Fox »

A person with Diana cant be lonely
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

I don't think it's hate towards Dianics, more of the controversy surrounding Z.Budapest.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Siona

Post by Siona »

Opal wrote:Why so much hate toward Dianics? I am trans-inclusive.
I have no hate to individual Dianics, because I know there's quite a split in the tradition right now, but you just hit on a real issue I have with Dianic witchcraft in general. When I was looking into the tradition, many of the Dianics I met were not welcoming of trans-people, insisting they were men, and I'm not alright with that. For a tradition built on feminism, many of them seem quite interested in reducing a woman down to a womb, and no, no thanks, that's not what I'm looking for in my feminism or my spirituality. :? Z. Budapest has said some particularly nasty things as well, and I think that sticks with some people at times.

Like I said, I realize that on an individual level there are a lot of different opinions on all that, I know the tradition is more than that for some, but it does drag up some bad memories...

But, honestly, as someone who was only worshiping goddesses for quite a long time (because that's who was showing up!), I caught a lot of flak for that. (A dude literally called me dangerous once, which was hilarious.) Which is funny, because no one ever gave a crap during the several years I spent worshiping Horus alone... :roll: So I would suspect that's a reason some people hate the tradition, as well. That goddess-only worship drives some people nuts, especially when you add in women-only rites (even if they are inclusive!).
burnedwicked

Post by burnedwicked »

Everything originated from Babylonian, Mesopotamian, or Sumerian beliefs. Dianics, would be on the side of Sumerian. Babylonians, are entirely male oriented, Mesopotamians, are both male/female often emphasizing male. Sumerians, are entirely female oriented. In the old days the rule was "Women are the bearers of life, and so shall be respected". In hard core Sumerian beliefs, no womb, means no ability to bear life; and though a man can identify all he wants as a woman, he is not entitled to be respected as a woman, until he can bear life.
That said, Mesopotamian beliefs, are a combination of Babylonian, and Sumerian; except male is still superior in most fashions. Cause of this ideology of males being superior; most wiccan, pagan, or even celtic traditions, were warped long before they started. And like an evolutionary trait; people reject anything outside male superiority.
In the time of Alexander the Great; Babylonian civilization was more Mesopotamian based. Then came the Muslims, Christians, ect. that brought back Babylonian rites. Even in Amen's time, Babylonian civilization was more geared toward Mesopotamian. All known traditions of magic, or polytheism; is founded from Babylonian, and Mesopotamian beliefs. Though the Sumerian beliefs still live on; i.e. dianics; I've yet to really see any that truly practice it's roots.
"Mind, body, heart, and soul; when all work as one, this is control."
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

burnedwicked wrote:Everything originated from Babylonian, Mesopotamian, or Sumerian beliefs. Dianics, would be on the side of Sumerian. Babylonians, are entirely male oriented, Mesopotamians, are both male/female often emphasizing male. Sumerians, are entirely female oriented. In the old days the rule was "Women are the bearers of life, and so shall be respected". In hard core Sumerian beliefs, no womb, means no ability to bear life; and though a man can identify all he wants as a woman, he is not entitled to be respected as a woman, until he can bear life.
That said, Mesopotamian beliefs, are a combination of Babylonian, and Sumerian; except male is still superior in most fashions. Cause of this ideology of males being superior; most wiccan, pagan, or even celtic traditions, were warped long before they started. And like an evolutionary trait; people reject anything outside male superiority.
In the time of Alexander the Great; Babylonian civilization was more Mesopotamian based. Then came the Muslims, Christians, ect. that brought back Babylonian rites. Even in Amen's time, Babylonian civilization was more geared toward Mesopotamian. All known traditions of magic, or polytheism; is founded from Babylonian, and Mesopotamian beliefs. Though the Sumerian beliefs still live on; i.e. dianics; I've yet to really see any that truly practice it's roots.
Dianic Witchcraft/Wicca did not originate from the Sumerians. Also, the Sumerians were not female oriented. They were patriarchal.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
islandhippiewitch

Post by islandhippiewitch »

Any Dianic on this forum now?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I'm not Dianic but do occasionally join in their ceremonies. Several of their members took turns drumming and holding space with us as our HPs as she was on her crossing over journey, they're some very devoted folks.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
supremz

Post by supremz »

I have nothing against the Dianic coven. For me, their teachings are very contradictory from what I have experienced, but that is probably just my logical male ego getting in the way. They are very non-linear and hard to contain as one "school of thought", perhaps because of their reverence for the divine feminine nature? Not implying that women are incapable of doing hard math– it's just that the phallocratic deities are always obsessed with imposing order, which is a clear cultural bias.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”