Curious dream

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
rjmamula14

Curious dream

Post by rjmamula14 »

So I had a dream last night that I was at my family cottage in Michigan (which I happen to be traveling to as I type this). Some girl named Elise (no one I know in real life) resembling some people I do know and sharing a name with someone I previously pursued sat next to me, snuggled up to me and said “I heard you don’t have a girlfriend. I don’t have a boyfriend.” I then asked if she wanted to have coffee and had to repeat it when she said “what” and she said “I’d love to your cute.” There was another girl sitting next to her and a guy appeared and mentioned he use to date her. Me and many neighbors then got to work on fixing the plumbing in the cottage and Elise’s mother was mad that she wasn’t around to help. As I left the cottage, I encountered a few people I knew who are either dead or no longer part of my life and they died as I passed them. They were like villains in the dream even though they weren’t my enemies in real life.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Curious dream

Post by Firebird »

You have mentioned not wanting a girlfriend.
This must be weighing heavy on your heart for some reason.
The fact that as you passed folks you knew and were passing, makes me think that underneath you feel this part of your life is passing you by or is dead to you.
Perhaps you are vilifying the though of having a girlfriend, so maybe ponder on that...why is it that you don't want a girlfriend?
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
rjmamula14

Post by rjmamula14 »

I’m open to dating. My concern is that with little experience and hearing of break ups I get the impression that having a GF is a responsibility. Then I wonder if subconsciously I am only interested in sex. That is why I brought up the person I mentioned before.
rjmamula14

Post by rjmamula14 »

Firebird wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:51 pm You have mentioned not wanting a girlfriend.
This must be weighing heavy on your heart for some reason.
The fact that as you passed folks you knew and were passing, makes me think that underneath you feel this part of your life is passing you by or is dead to you.
Perhaps you are vilifying the though of having a girlfriend, so maybe ponder on that...why is it that you don't want a girlfriend?
Bb, Firebird
After thinking about it. I think in the dream I was just taking it as an opportunity to get laid. We should bare that context in mind.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yea, there's that maybe... but the dream would likely take on a more sexual nature if that was an underlying desire.
Dreams are interesting in the fact that if you look at the symbols literally they are giving clues as to what your subconscious mind is thinking about. So take some key points, *girlfriend, *coffee, *plumbing (that might have to do with sexual blockage), *people/neighbors, *death, *villains
The many people in the dream could be that you are surrounded by others who know what they are doing and some who don't, some you can count on and some who's actions or motives are evil. In short, there are all types out there.
When ever some one dreams of death, it is rarely about death itself but the finality of endings. Coffee? Need for speed?, I don’t know about that one, except it is a common bonding ritual most of us partake in.. Plumbing, not only could that relate to sexual function, it goes along with our whole digestive system, if one was experiencing stomach trouble they might dream of plumbing related issues. Villains, all that goes wrong or is counter to what we desire.
You have a lot going on in that dream :flyingwitch:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”