Could Crypto currency do us in?

Helping Mother Earth, Recycling, Picking up Litter.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Could Crypto currency do us in?

Post by Firebird »

I was recently speaking with someone about how mining for this non tangible coin is really damaging to the planet, why is it that folks continue to think our planet is expendable ?
This kind of goes back to what stormofwind was saying about how he was at odds with the internet. This kind of resource is damaging and should be abandoned.

https://www.nrdc.org/stories/crypto-has-climate-problem
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: Could Crypto currency do us in?

Post by Anubisa »

I don't know too much about cryptocurrency, but the guy who invented it, from what I understand won't even show himself. It sort of concerns me if someone won't reveal themselves. I also don't understand why cryptocurrency is needed. It seems like fake money to me. Of course I may be dumb.
Anubisa
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I didn't get it at first either but the more I read the more I was horrified at the amount of electrical power it takes to run it, that is the environmental disaster. Here we are in rolling blackouts and these boneheads want to burn up more electricity
a single bitcoin has the same carbon footprint as 330,000 credit card transactions
It's like a game and to me seems somewhat of a pyramid scheme Maybe that's why the inventor can't be found, though I hadn't heard that, doesn't matter now, it's more of Pandoras box spilling out into the world.
bb, F
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Anubisa »

That very much can be true. Because of the electricity I wouldn't want to show my face either. And with it being so precious nowadays it just does not make sense for this. Cryptocurrency shouldn't be in use if it causes such danger to our earth. I don't know where it is going, but I hope it is just a fad and this passes soon. But if not we're in a load of trouble.
Anubisa

Return to “Environmentalism”