Speak up folks!

Talk about anything you want to here.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Speak up folks!

Post by Firebird »

Hi folks,
Just a wee heads up...this is a forum for which there are not many left, reason being people stopped communicating on them then they close.
The owner pays plenty to afford us to have a beautiful add free space.
Please, let's keep this active so we do not meet the same demise.

Blessings.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
supremz

Re: Speak up folks!

Post by supremz »

This is my wish too. I wanted to revive the pagan community and was a bit saddened that this one was inactive. Let's keep the fire burning!!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yea, it's only as active as the people contributing. I'm with ya supremz!
C'mon on down folks,
We used to have so much fun with the bubbling cauldron activity and meeting up in the peace garden and those kinds of things.
stoke the flames of community!!
bb, F
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
SilverMoon22

Post by SilverMoon22 »

I usually come on here to read. I don't feel that I have much to offer and I feel like my questions and experiences would be stupid. I want to contribute, learn, and evolve, not just share my experience.

I read the way you all explain things. It is intense for me at times since I am not at that level of expertise. I have been on this forum for a few years now. My progress is very slow. I am barely permitted time to study.

I hate to say I wish the forum would stay alive without me contributing, but I do. Reading and having small conversations here make me feel closer to things that speak to me. I never feel more alive than when I am studying/learning from you all, videos, reading books, etc. I don't want to lose this community.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi SilverMoon, please know that everyone's input has merit, no matter what the experience level. And sometimes sharing experiences helps others know what some have done regarding this or that. I have to tell you, even after having been a Priestess for over 30 years, I learn more from my students than during my apprenticeship. Which was quite daunting, I had 3 years to absorb a ton of info, so I completely understand taking time and getting the best grasp at your own pace.
We had a gal that took 17 years to finish her 3 degrees. :fairy:

Don't hesitate folks! If you want to say something please feel free to make a post.
Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
JahaRa

Post by JahaRa »

I am a newbie here but I am glad I found this forum. @Firebird, I don't know much about wicca and was surprised that you have degrees. Or are you talking about some other modality of magick? I am usually full of stories and will share them any time something triggers one. I hope this forum does not go the way of some others I used to belong to.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

JahaRa wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:30 pm I hope this forum does not go the way of some others I used to belong to.
and which way was that?
and the degrees was a set course of study, seems many are not as interested in that lately.
bb, F.
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
JahaRa

Post by JahaRa »

Firebird wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:50 pm
JahaRa wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:30 pm I hope this forum does not go the way of some others I used to belong to.
and which way was that?
and the degrees was a set course of study, seems many are not as interested in that lately.
bb, F.
They no longer exist.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

OOo, bummer...
ummmmmmmmm
Speak Up Folks!!!
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
JahaRa

Post by JahaRa »

I hope this forum does get more active.
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

I am on a few pagan forums and all is same, just some members postings and lots of silent readers not even an intro.
supremz

Post by supremz »

I think they always die because the community gets too lazy/complacent with what they have and refuse to contribute more, and always think it will be around forever, even if they leave. Then they realize, when they come back to it, that it is no longer there. :surprisedwitch:

Then there are all the fights over whose coven/sect/clan is superior, putting people down over whether their magick is harmful or not, and if it is being done correctly, etc. ...All these fringe groups starting their own site that fits their narrow definition of witchcraft, but nobody else's.

Thankfully this place exists that has all the rules that forbid most of that stuff. Although I can't say I agree with all of them, I'm willing to respect them if it means keeping what may be the last witchcraft community on the net alive... :fairy:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

supremz wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:00 pm I think they always die because the community gets too lazy/complacent with what they have and refuse to contribute more, and always think it will be around forever, even if they leave. Then they realize, when they come back to it, that it is no longer there. :surprisedwitch:

Then there are all the fights over whose coven/sect/clan is superior, putting people down over whether their magick is harmful or not, and if it is being done correctly, etc. ...All these fringe groups starting their own site that fits their narrow definition of witchcraft, but nobody else's.

Thankfully this place exists that has all the rules that forbid most of that stuff. Although I can't say I agree with all of them, I'm willing to respect them if it means keeping what may be the last witchcraft community on the net alive... :fairy:
Thank you
everything that he said.
your words DO matter :flyingwitch:
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
supremz

Post by supremz »

Thanks, Firebird! And remember: the best way to ensure a board stays active... is to talk on it! :)

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”