Is Astral Projecting Dangerous?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
ThunderFog

Re: Is Astral Projecting Dangerous?

Post by ThunderFog »

Under my belief astral projection is similar to what happens when you die except not permanent in that your spirit leaves your body though from what I understand your still tied to your body in a sense and it's not all that easy for just anything to take your body but it does make you more open to other spirits attacks to a degree, just don't give anything permission to use your body, in short for you to be "body snatched" itd be kind of similar to possession and for something to just outright possess you itd have to be pretty strong or have a special proficiency in doing so
The ability to question our way of thinking is what shows our intelligence.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

I think the main principle is rather occult-wide than just about astral.
If you boost your energy field by meditations you attract stuff that wants to feed on it.
Same principle if you are a travelling rich merchant, you've got to hire mercenaries to protect your chariot.

I agree that as long as you live you always have a cord attached to your body and yes technically when you've got hostility in your presence you ward it off first, which is at that moment more important than astral exploration or other ventures.
Ann Moura says you've got to cast a circle prior to doing meditation. I guess I ought to be more keen on that.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
uaya

Post by uaya »

SpiritTalker wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:39 am It sort of feels like swimming when moving between levels. While in flight i'll see bands of light that signify heavily traveled routes &' thin threads that have fewer travelers. I most often am taken by my guide along these light-routes to astral level lectures along with hundreds of other people. Some lessons come with diagrams, pictures & whole concepts punched into memory. Others are more like a wireless phone call & I'm only slightly detached & hovering near my physical body.
Do you believe that it is required to have the help of a spiritual guide when attempting projection? I haven't attempted to meet or find a guide yet but am interested in attempting projection. What makes me even more interested was the mention of lecture you can attend. Who is teaching them, are they just appearing as light beings like we would? Is the purpose of the lectures to aid our soul's journey of enlightenment? I've never heard of these lectures its so interesting :shock: to me
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I don’t know if a guide is absolutely needed or not; it’s just the way I’ve always APd since I was a kid. It seems like a good idea for those trips beyond the neighborhood. I think my guide picks lectures he thinks I’ll be interested in. It might be a lesson on pet grooming one time and Nichola Tesla the next, or on the Secret Space Program, astral navigation, Soul Retrieval, circle casting ... I’d like to see the schedule sometime 😀. Those teaching just appear to me as people.
stormofwind

Post by stormofwind »

It takes alot out of you..
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

stormofwind wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:25 pm It takes alot out of you..
🤣 I dunno if you meant it to be, but that’s a great pun.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

What Vesca said. To add a 3rd option, sometimes the spirits try to hypnotize you or put you in a trance, to control you through suggestion. Sometimes, if they're friendly, they merely talk to you or impart knowledge. Casting circles etc would help here.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
The_lone_wolf

Post by The_lone_wolf »

has anyone APed recently ? i would love to hear about it . can you really go anywhere ?
The mark of an warrior is not that he can kill , but that he can tolerate pain and fatigue with a smile or a laugh , never losing good humor , and he still loves . .
supremz

Post by supremz »

All of my bad experiences have been the result of either recklessness or focusing too much on the negative, so I always check my mindset before going into the ether. With that said, it is still possible for things to go South fast... I just recommend taking as much responsible action as you can. That way, even if you get into trouble, you know it is not your fault and karma will come back to haunt the one who is hurting you.

I agree with the other posters that protection circles are your friend, and so are banishing spells/rituals. Also, it helps to have experience moving your astral body around beforehand, as they lack muscles like corporeal anatomies do, making the coordination much trickier.
stormofwind

Post by stormofwind »

It's happening more and more .. at times I don't think have much control of it..
every night at 10:30 happens then I wake up I feel energy flow through me..
It's hard to walk at first.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Has anybody ever seen the movie (or read the book) Out on a Limb, with Shirley McLaine? In it she details her journey to astral projection, it's been a very long time since I've seen it but as I recall it was pretty good.
Just looked on YouTube and currently someone has it posted in 2 parts.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
JahaRa

Post by JahaRa »

I read Out On A Limb in the 80's. I don't remember much about it or what I thought at the time, just the description of her in the hot spring and then going to the cabin and sleeping naked with one wool blanket to stay warm. I do remember something about a silver chord keeping us in our bodies. :) I read several of Shirley McClain's books back then.
farsh

Post by farsh »

Are there a book for dummies on how to do this?
JahaRa

Post by JahaRa »

farsh wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:09 pm Are there a book for dummies on how to do this?
I don't know about any books. Based on what people who read books have said I guess I am different because I never had any buzzing or shaking, just floated away. If you remember dreams of falling when you were a kid, you were astral traveling and the falling was you coming back to your body. It is not hard, but it requires you know that it is possible and that you are able. Then you pick a target, design a meditation that you feel comfortable with (mine as a kid was imagining I walked outside to a hole in the ground with steps going down, I went down the steps, walked through a tunnel a little ways to some steps going up, went up the steps and found myself where ever it was I wanted to be). Later, after practice I did not need the steps and tunnel.

Speaking to the title of this thread, astral travel is not dangerous, but there are others astral travelers and entities out there that may notice you. Be strong in yourself, no fear, no doubt and they will leave you alone.

I suggest you find some way to verify what you see or experience when you try this, as it will help you know whether you are imagining something or if it really happend (for example, let someone know and trust to record what happens on a certain day at a certain time, then you astral travel to where they are and look around, when you get back to your body you write what you saw, heard, etc, and ask them to coroborate what you wrote).

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”