Why do you use divination?

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
tourennatrix

Why do you use divination?

Post by tourennatrix »

The emphasis is on you. What do YOU use divination for?

I am new to the pagan path and intensely curious to learn (indeed, I'm on my 3rd book since solstice) and I'll admit, divination has caught my eye (particularly pendulum and runework). I haven't had the chance yet to look into it too deeply, but I'm excited to get there!

The tricky thing is, I come from a rather secular athiest/agnostic "whatever happens, that's what happens" kind of background, and have a hard time imagining actually using or honing divination skills. So... Enlighten me if you will!

What do YOU use divination for? Why do YOU do it?

Inquiring minds want to know :)
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Why do you use divination?

Post by SnowCat »

Sometimes I will read my tarot cards to give me a sense of direction on something that's troubling me.
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I don't use divination tools to discern the future & prefer remote viewing. I'm a total dunce at Tarot reading. Instead I've used crystal gazing to change consciousness & "view" past-life influences & to receive dream-like instructions & other lessons. It works as a substitute for trance-speaking mediumship when I'm alone.

I've used a pendulum to choose between 2 similar things like mundane cooking recipe substitutions, multi-vitamins & Medicare supplement plans; to tweak a spell format & determine if a spell is the right action; with a local map as a guide when I was house-hunting; to dowse for underground water pipes; to dislodge energy blockages in healing & to clear the energy of a room; & just for fun twirled a faceted sun catcher pendulum like a lasso to cast a circle.
blue_moon

Post by blue_moon »

I have runes and the witches runes, a little pendulum and Tarot. I am pretty good with my deck of cards. I use them like SnowCat for insight. Just to get a hint or an overview in the Situation. I use them for me and for others.
The other methods are still experimental. For divination the witches runes would be my second choice.

For choice making meditation and feeling the energy or dreams (but I don't provoke them. They will just come to me).
BB

Blue Moon
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

I use a single or double optical depth. It's the easiest way to see into other planes. That can be helpful to attain knowledge useful in this sphere, as well as, giving you "a look before you leap".
tourennatrix

Post by tourennatrix »

These are great, guys! So fascinating :)
JahaRa

Post by JahaRa »

SpiritTalker wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:15 am I don't use divination tools to discern the future & prefer remote viewing. I'm a total dunce at Tarot reading. Instead I've used crystal gazing to change consciousness & "view" past-life influences & to receive dream-like instructions & other lessons. It works as a substitute for trance-speaking mediumship when I'm alone.

I've used a pendulum to choose between 2 similar things like mundane cooking recipe substitutions, multi-vitamins & Medicare supplement plans; to tweak a spell format & determine if a spell is the right action; with a local map as a guide when I was house-hunting; to dowse for underground water pipes; to dislodge energy blockages in healing & to clear the energy of a room; & just for fun twirled a faceted sun catcher pendulum like a lasso to cast a circle.
I don't use divination tools very often, usually just get quiet and use my "feelings". I am curious about how you learned remote viewing. I think I read in another thread that you do not think remote viewing is like astral travel, however I believe (based on my experiences) that the U.S. Army remote viewers are recruited from people they encounter astral traveling. It is so much more complex how they use remote viewing, and sophisticated. Did you learn from someone who was an army remote viewer or someone like Courtney Brown?

Back on topic, I have used tarot cards in the past and I played with the pendulum, which I did not get good results from.
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

I use divination to gain some insight into any situation. I don't use divination to peek into the future.
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)

Return to “General Divination”