Greetings, new to this forum

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
JahaRa

Greetings, new to this forum

Post by JahaRa »

Hello,

I live in the high desert of New Mexico, happy to be home after living in Texas for over a decade. I am female, old and ecclectic (or is it still called wierd). I have too many hobbies, including writing and gardening. I am mostly a dabbler in those and some other hobbies.

I am interested in a lot of different things, never practiced anything considered witchcraft but did dabble in magick and energy work (reiki mostly). I still use candles and send reiki when I feel led.

In the ancient days of the 70's I was in the U.S. Army for a few years and traveled some because of that.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

JahaRa
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Greetings, new to this forum

Post by Firebird »

Welcome JahaRa! good to have you join us. Many on the path of discovery here and some would call Wyrd, you'll fit right in.
and, Thank you for your time in the Army!,
glad you found your way back to NM, that must be a relief.
Please feel free to jump in anywhere and we'll be seeing you soon.
(ps, Yea! someone else from the era of the 70's!)
blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
JahaRa

Post by JahaRa »

Hi Firebird.

Yes, I am old and crusty now, the 70's were great but so were all the years between then and now. Thank you for the welcome.
supremz

Post by supremz »

A woman in uniform in such a time as that? You really were ahead of the historical trend. I applaud you for that. Not all magick users practice witchcraft and not all witches do magick, but there's a huge overlap in between. I definitely recommend both, but they are by no means necessary!
:flyingwitch:

As long as you enjoy the ride, it is and will be worth it. I, too am getting older, and am catching up with you, so by no means are you an outcast here due to your age. Blessed be! :fairy:
JahaRa

Post by JahaRa »

Thank you for the greeting @supermz The year I joined the army was the year they integrated (or tried) the women's army corps into the regular army. We still did not get basic with the men back then, they had two failed attempts at that until the late 90's when they decided if they were sending women to war they had to train them with the men. It still wasn't ideal, my niece was in the army and she was not always safe with the men in her unit and it scarred her. I think before we can treat women equally in the military we have to train our boys to be respectful, and nowadays it seems like very few are getting that training as a child. (too cynical and jaded I guess)

Of course now that I say that I remember my dad's misguided attempt at teaching respect and it was actually fear he taught, not respect. We just need to change so many attitudes in our society.
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Anubisa »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for serving in the Army! It is much appreciated!
Anubisa
JahaRa

Post by JahaRa »

Thank you for the welcome Anubisa.
Zoran

Post by Zoran »

Welcome to the forum.
A blessing.
JahaRa

Post by JahaRa »

Thank you Zoran.
supremz

Post by supremz »

I, too am of feminist sensitivities and feel like it is the way men treat women that makes it so hard for them to get along together (and why they build different bathrooms for us), and there are too many fathers raising sons and mothers with daughters that there aren't enough people communicating from across the gender boundaries. Then again, it's really up to the individual person to decide if what they are taught is true or not, and sadly, anytime there is a renaissance of progressive values (like the 60's or Y2K), there is always a violent reaction against it by those who are filled with hate.

It seems like most people are pretty liberal/libertarian here. I'm very glad because the rest of the internet has become a fascist dystopian wasteland.
Zoran

Post by Zoran »

JahaRa wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:05 pm Thank you Zoran.
Ok,you're welcome.
RavenClaw

Post by RavenClaw »

Hi JahaRa and welcome to EUTM!
Knowledge without understanding is not wisdom. (An excerpt from a message I channeled from a Deity.)
JahaRa

Post by JahaRa »

Thank you RavenClaw!

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”