What is Your Favorite Deck and How Many Do You Have?

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
RedRavenFox

What is Your Favorite Deck and How Many Do You Have?

Post by RedRavenFox »

I have the good old Rider Waite, Shadowscapes, Linestrider, Starman and Corrine Kenner's Wizard Tarot.

My favorite is The Wizard's Tarot, which is unfortunately out of print now. :( Image

The oracle I have The Faeries' Oracle by Brian Froud.
http://worldoffroud.com/books/faeriesoracle.php

What do you have and which one really speaks to you?
What's happened has happened
What's coming is already on its way
With a role for me to play...
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: What is Your Favorite Deck and How Many Do You Have?

Post by SnowCat »

Cat People, White Cats, Pagan Cats, plus two more cat themed decks on my Amazon wish list. I was going to stay off Amazon for a while, but then I ordered my granddaughter a Chromebook for an early birthday gift. She starts high school Monday.
Daughter of Sekhmet
RedRavenFox

Post by RedRavenFox »

I'll have to check those out. I love cats. Happy birthday to your granddaughter. High school (and junior high) were rough for me. I wish her the best.
What's happened has happened
What's coming is already on its way
With a role for me to play...
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have over 50 decks (most I just recently inherited) but my favorite is the Mary Hansen Roberts deck. The imagery is wonderful, the clothing is very reminiscent of the Renaissance Faire and the deck size is like a regular set of playing cards, much easier to handle. I suppose lots of people don't like that because they are too much like poker cards, but they also travel well for their smaller size. When your back packing the smaller size wins! Though I don't backpack anymore :roll: LoL
I also resonate with the Wildwood Tarot, but haven't really did any readings with them, just love the art on that deck.
But I got to say my most reliable and accurate readings have been with the colorized version of Ryder-Waite, it's my first and most used deck though I would really like to branch out and try some of these mystery decks I received. One is real trippy, called simply the Morgan deck...do wa-ka do, is the fist card. (I think) If you can find that deck it is real different, single card readings lend much pondering.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
thecupidstheatre

Post by thecupidstheatre »

I have the Barbara Walker Tarot & the Jane Lyle Lovers Tarot! I have many more but I love those 2!
Last edited by Firebird on Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tapatalk signature advertisement. please remove
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

LeNormand, Gypsy Witch & Tiny Universal Rider Waite are all I have. GW's easiest because the meanings are printed on the cards that have similar images to LeNormand.
Coven

Post by Coven »

SnowCat wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:30 pm Cat People, White Cats, Pagan Cats, plus two more cat themed decks on my Amazon wish list. I was going to stay off Amazon for a while, but then I ordered my granddaughter a Chromebook for an early birthday gift. She starts high school Monday.
I just got the everyday witch tarot --by Deborah Blake - there are lots of cats in this deck -- you might like it -- this is my favorite tarot deck that I own - or maybe I'm speaking too soon - I just now got it and I like it a lot

my favorite Oracle deck that I own is the sacred traveler oracle by Denise Linn

I really like reading the everyday witch cards - I really like this deck

I only own two tarot decks - and two Oracle decks

4 decks total for me
:-|
JahaRa

Post by JahaRa »

I have 3 decks and my favorite is the Voyager. I also have a dragon deck and I like it a lot too. The other one is an herb deck.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

thecupidstheatre wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:47 am I have the Barbara Walker Tarot & the Jane Lyle Lovers Tarot! I have many more but I love those 2!
LoL... I read Barbara Walters...can you imagine :surprisedwitch: the Barbara Walters deck :lol:

so, I found a link to Morgans Tarot!!. This deck is really very different. and may be more like oracle cards, but I really like them for one card points of reflection, inspiration or some serious pondering.
https://www.usgamesinc.com/morgan-s-tarot.html
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Anubisa »

I have the Ramses Tarot, Mystic Faerie, and Manga Tarot. I am more drawn to Egyptian-style decks, but I also love my Manga tarot. I do plan to get some more tarot because I have found some that I would love to have. I do have an oracle deck called the Moonology Deck which I absolutely love using.
Anubisa
Sabriyyah

Post by Sabriyyah »

I have about 39 decks and my first ever deck is still one of my faves - the Fournier Marseille, which is a beautifully colourful version of the Tarot de Marseille by Nicholas Conver. I like historical Tarots and have quite a few other of those type of decks. I also love Animal Tarots and have Ted Andrews’ Animal Wise Tarot (French version which is still in print), plus a few Animal oracles. I love Crow’s Magick Tarot by Londa Marks too. I’m a fan of prehistoric type art and so the Primordial Tarot by Sergio Toppi is a fave, and I have a selection of cheapo beginner-type deck and book sets you can get from bargain shops or on eBay for under £10! Other faves are the Haindl Tarot, Mystic Meg Tarot, Cachet Tarot and a little-known deck that came in a cheap set called “Mysteries of the Tarot” and was originally published as the Dreamers Tarot by Staci Mendoza and David Bourne, but later came out as the Element Tarot with a slightly altered colour scheme (I much prefer the original). Tarot of the Cat People is a deck I mean to use more as I adore it!
I could ramble on about Tarot for pages lol, so I’ll just leave it there!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Anubisa wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:47 am the Moonology Deck which I absolutely love using.
what is this one like Anubisa? could you give a sample reading somewhere? like what is the message for, let's say Samhain?
Sabriyyah wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:52 pm I also love Animal Tarots and have Ted Andrews’ Animal Wise Tarot (French version which is still in print), plus a few Animal oracles.
Have you seen the Beasts of Avalon? Personally, this one really resonates with me. Probably because it was my first animal oracle, but I have a couple others that are just ok.
bb, F.
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Lune

Post by Lune »

I have a pretty standard Rider-Waite tarot deck and the Mythical Cats deck by Lunaea Weatherstone, but I don't use either of them much, and a set of tarot coins that I like to toss like runes. I have had a bunch of different oracle decks but only three are still with me: The Animal Spirit deck by Kim Krans, The Hedgewitch's deck and the Winterseer Animal deck, both by Siolo Thompson.

I find that the Animal Spirit deck is really no-nonsense and almost blunt; I was drawing a card a day for a while and the cards made their point known, basically. The Hedgewitch deck is a little gentler, more subtle, while the Winterseer Animal deck is also pretty straightforward.
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Anubisa »

Firebird wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:52 pm
Anubisa wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:47 am the Moonology Deck which I absolutely love using.
what is this one like Anubisa? could you give a sample reading somewhere? like what is the message for, let's say Samhain?
Sabriyyah wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:52 pm I also love Animal Tarots and have Ted Andrews’ Animal Wise Tarot (French version which is still in print), plus a few Animal oracles.
Have you seen the Beasts of Avalon? Personally, this one really resonates with me. Probably because it was my first animal oracle, but I have a couple others that are just ok.
bb, F.
Sure I would love to do a reading for Samhain. The Moonology Deck is available at Barnes and Noble. I'll take a bunch of pics to show it to ya'll.
Anubisa

Return to “Tarot Talk”