Deep Shadow Work

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
earth_love

Deep Shadow Work

Post by earth_love »

I overcame alcoholism alone, on 6 years sober. 2022 is 6th year. I started trying to figure out what led me to rely on alcohol, so I could steer clear of it. I was totally unaware that I started doing shadow work! Isn't that strange? Also, when a person gets sober, they can have a huge spiritual awakening, too.
Early sobriety, I constantly had haunting dreams. I saw myself always alone & traveling in the dark.i could be walking down sidewalks late at night. Always alone. Mostly I saw myself sitting on dark trains or buses, traveling to an unknown location. Never arriving anywhere, just traveling. But apparently there was a destination, eventually. I just have no idea where.
These dreams were haunting & perplexing me! Over & over again. No answers, no destinations. Anyways, just a couple days ago I realized that I was seeing my shadow self! I think it was lucid dreaming..where I'm watching & know that I'm dreaming? Correct?
I was watching my body sitting alone on trains. I always look sad & so alone. One more single dream I had..I was standing in front of a mirror. The mirror had another piece of cut mirror tilted to the side. And I saw my shadow self in the side mirror. Standing with arms crossed. I looked alone & sad, as usual. I looked trapped & unhappy. My shadow self looks exactly like I do. It is me. So now I will learn how to integrate the shadow & set my sad, lonely shadow FREE. I still am trying to figure out the traveling in the dark alone part. I don't understand it's meaning & it's very puzzling to me. Any tips for me are greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading..
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Deep Shadow Work

Post by Firebird »

That's fantastic earth_love :fairy: , part of the journey of shadow work is realizing there is a shadow to attend to. The searching with no destination is really that hunt for yourself. Lucid dreaming is when you are aware within the dream, (you are there!) so now you may be able to contact that shadow and have some serious interaction. It is a wonderful peeling away of layers that reveals more spiritual enlightenment as you go.
Best wishes,
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
earth_love

Post by earth_love »

Oh wow, Firebird! If I could actually communicate, that would be extraordinary! I do remember standing behind "my shadow self" on a moving bus or train. I was watching "her". I'll call the shadow her. I stood there watching & something in my head told me I should tap her on her shoulder & say something. But I thought no, that would be rude out in public. Or somehow I was just hesitant. But why was I watching her? And the dark moving trains, with no destination is like a puzzle I can't solve! I had many serious, criminal traumas happen to me throughout my life. My shadow self has no expression & appears lonely & sad. Life is tough and hardships made me a real strong person. But my shadow to me appears depressed. Always alone. But me myself, am pretty much a loner. I need to solve this issue with these dreams. I vaguely remember more dreams recently. Exactly the same. Watching her traveling alone. BUT sometimes in the dreams, I am the shadow. And it is me in the pitch dark, waiting at a bus stop or a train station. I need to reach out to "her" if I'm able to & solve this...
earth_love

Post by earth_love »

Oh and you're right, Firebird. Sorry, I missed you mentioning..the traveling with no destination is the search for myself. And the pitch darkness. But it's pretty depressing seeing my lonely shadow who never smiles. What a sad life she leads. Very lonely with no sunlight, EVER....

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”