Prayers for my sister and her family

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Prayers for my sister and her family

Post by Anubisa »

Hi everyone,

I didn't know where to put this because we don't have a prayers forum anymore. So please move it if you feel like this is in the wrong place.

So my sister and her family are going through hard times right now. She was arrested, for the first time, and her bail was set at $35,000. We had to pay 10% which was crazy for a first time offense. Anyway, my sister is in a rehab because she has been an alcoholic for a while. She's been having a really hard time battling with it. Her husband had placed a restraining order on her the day after for 90 days. Mom and her husband agreed that it was best because she needed to stay in rehab and focus on herself. Which we want her to focus on herself. The rehab facility wants to keep her there to the 30th of December, but she thinks she could leave around the 23rd. I'm just hoping that she takes the time to heal. Anyway, I would appreciate your prayers. Thanks.
Anubisa
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Prayers for my sister and her family

Post by Firebird »

My condolences Anubisa, that is a difficult situation for all.
The prayer I would offer is something like,

May this be the bottom containing the light bulb moment that let's her (insert name) realize Now is time to climb out.
Once and for all. Bless

Be good to yourself Anubisa, having an addict in the family unglues us unless we remain vigilant to accept the things we cannot change, courage to change what we can and the wisdom to see the difference.

Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Anubisa
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by Anubisa »

Thank you so much for the prayer and the best wishes Firebird. I am having a hard time, but it's going to be a bit easier as time wears on. I'm sure she will get the help she needs at the rehab.
Anubisa
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Welcome.
She will get the help she needs, it just if she wants the help.
You might consider checking out Al-Anon, they helped me tremendously when my SO's drug use was out of control.
bb, F.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”