Yule

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
supremz

Yule

Post by supremz »

It is about that time of year, so I just want to wish everyone a happy winter solstice and holiday in general. Yuletide is the original holiday which Christmas and Hannukah are based, so pay respects to the ancestor/nature spirits as thanks!! :flyingwitch:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Yule

Post by Firebird »

Thanks supremz! Same to you and yours and as well all here on the Forum.
May the light of the return find the places in our hearts needed for the best illuminations and joy.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
supremz

Re: Yule

Post by supremz »

The winter solstice is said to be the time of year when the veil between the spirit world and the physical world is thinnest. Like Samhain, it is believed that one can even see and talk to theirs and others souls without any effort, but unlike its counterpart, Yule is more of a celebration of life rather than a consolation for the dead, which has its origins in the idea of the autumn equinox opening a door to the other realms.

The ending of this cycle cleanses all the impure energy that was stored during its inception. This, in turn gives birth to new life for another year and such is the root of Christmas tradition (i.e. Santa) where one wishes for gifts under a tree, hoping that they will receive them.

Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, and whatever else, everyone!

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”