Spring Food!

Share your recipes and food tips here.
Nerys

Spring Food!

Post by Nerys »

Marinated cucumbers.
Slice very thinly a half cucumber, put in a glass small salad bowl.
Season with salt, milled pepercorns, dill and add enough apple cider vinegar that it is moist.
Leave to marinate for the day in fridge.
Drain excess liquid, this can be used in a vinaigrette or cold dressing.
Marinated cucumbers leftovers can be put on a sandwich.

Not food but drink.
See the youtube video by Tipsy Bartender ....making simple syrup.
I look at it twice, then made small bottle simple syrup and a slightly bigger bottle sweet & sour syrup. The S & S syrup with sprakling water is like a very nice lemonade.

Upside Down Cake baked the recipe from my old BHG cookbook from 1977 but instead of pineapple used apple, cranberries, sultanas and golden raisins. Serve warm or cold from fridge.

Pink mayonaisse ad a little ketchup or hot ketchup, if you like hot ad drop of tabasco, optional
smoked paprika powder. Stir and if not pink enough ad a little more. I usually make small amount.
AvaFarmer

Re: Spring Food!

Post by AvaFarmer »

Ohhh, should be delicious. Imagine a warm, cozy casserole, filled with tender chicken, creamy sauce, and a medley of vegetables. The aroma of garlic, herbs, and cheese wafting through the air, promising a comforting meal that will satisfy both your taste buds and your soul. Chicken casserole recipes are a treasure trove of culinary creativity, offering endless variations to suit your preferences. From classic creamy chicken casseroles to hearty Southwestern-inspired versions, there's a chicken casserole recipe out there waiting to be discovered. Get ready to indulge in a symphony of flavors and textures that will transport you to a realm of pure comfort food bliss.

Return to “Food and Recipes”