Pagans and retirement plans?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Nerys

Pagans and retirement plans?

Post by Nerys »

Does anyone have any idea about their retirement plans? Or do you have a idea but due to practical matters it is just not possible?

Example. I have seen some american ladies who moved to Mexico for retirement and live a nice life
there, simple lifestyle. There are several youtube videos about this.

I am not allowed air travel due to health issues so that is not possible for me.
I looked into maybe travel by ship, but on a other forum, someone reply ships would not take a person with health issues. My only maybe tiny mini maybe possibility would be some setup like Bucket List movie plot, but not for activities, just someone similar situation to mine.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pagans and retirement plans?

Post by Firebird »

I wish a plan was in place, LoL
because my rate of pay is not matching the cost of living, and the divide just gets wider. :surprisedwitch:
Really want to get land and start a retreat, it would have to be several thousand acres, but the cost of just 40 acres in California is almost unreachable, like I waited 3 years too long and now it's tripled or more. A parcel was 100.000.oo I almost jumped on and now if it were avaliable is 350,000.oo or more, it's just freaking crazy.

By the way, you couldn't pay me to go to Mexico. Sorry, The place is way too dangerous these days, and we used to go all the time. It's sad to see things change so drastically.
Best of wishes in your quest..
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Maybe buy land in a different american state, where land costs less?

Years ago used to read at american homesteading forums and they always tell new folks to be sure there is water or water access on any land they buy. More things got mentioned. Like one guy with large land regularly got trees stolen from edge of his land for woodfire use.

Over on Reddit someone wanted to maybe create a pagan roman village to live in future.
LuckyPenny

Post by LuckyPenny »

I think about this all the time. Most of my friends and I can't have kids or just don't have kids, and our retiring years will look different from our parents'. Some of us have more retirement savings, and some of us have health issues that we'll have for the rest of our lives. We always talk about buying an apartment building or houses on the same street to have a communal living situation, but I wonder how feasible it will be given the rising cost of living and the different requirements we might have for settling down. It's hard to trust that we'll receive guidance for the future while watching our parents' generation struggle with taking care of THEIR parents, or watching them struggle to retire on their incomes given inflation.

Return to “For Everyone”