Samson the Demon Dog's Stories! (As Told By My Dad)

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Rein

Samson the Demon Dog's Stories! (As Told By My Dad)

Post by Rein »

Samson, also known as the "Demon Dog", was my father's faithful companion for 12 long years. I didn't know him very well, because he passed on when I was 5, but my dear ol' hillbilly dad has a whole truckload of tales about the life of his lovable little ball of chaos. Most take place years before I was born, when my mom and dad lived in Florida for 10 years. I'll post here those stories my father has told me, so sit back, relax, and hold your breath.

WARNING: As I said, my dad is a major hillbilly, so if hearing about dead animals disgusts you, PLEASE don't read some of these stories. I don't want anyone to be yelling at me for content, thank you.

Story #01: "I Can Take 'Em!"

Back when my dad lived in "the boonies" of Florida, he loved to go fishing. One day, he went to a popular fishing hole inside a park, and he brought Samson along. He had let Sam off his leash, and of course the park ranger had to keep coming over to him and tell him to hook his dog up. Finally, after realizing that he obviously wasn't going to listen, he informed my dad that alot of people had lost their dogs to the local alligators. But of course my father didn't listen, and after the ranger left went right back to fishing.

A while after that, he heard Samson growling at something, ready to attack. He was used to Sam always going after random animals, so he really didn't think much of it. But what made it so strange was that whatever he was growling at was close to the water. He looked over, and saw Samson staring at the water and growling and getting ready to charge at what was in there.

But when he took a closer look at the lake he saw that what Sammy was getting ready to challenge was in fact......a 16 foot alligator. He dropped his pole and ran over to where his dog was, and just as the croc lunged out of the lake, he grabbed Samson by the collar and threw him back onto the bank. The alligator narrowly missed him and retreated. It just so happens that the park ranger was passing by at that exact moment, and he walks over to my father and says, "Sir, I have never seen somebody go through that much to save their dog." Well, my hillbilly dad looks the ranger in the eye and replies: "I don't care what that croc woulda done to me, that son a b*tch wasn't gonna get my dog. He's the best friend I ever had."
END

More stories as I remember them!

Return to “Animals and Pets”