Do you think this could be the work of a pagan cult?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
QIO

Post by QIO »

Estelle wrote:
QIO wrote: Thats not to say it wasnt present though?
I don't get why you brought Pagans into it. It might have easily been Satanic in nature or nothing at all.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/paganism.htm

Code: Select all

What is a "Pagan?"

Everybody has their favorite definition of the word "Pagan." Most people are convinced that their meaning is the correct one. But no consensus exists, even within a single faith tradition or religion as to what a pagan is.

By the third century CE, its meaning evolved to include all non-Christians. Eventually, it became an evil term that implied the possibility of Satan worship. The latter two meanings are still in widespread use today.

"Paganism" in this sense refers to a range of spiritual paths which are Earth centered -- involving their members living in harmony with the Earth and observing its cycles.
Satanism has elemental magic, and respect for nature and do not view themselves as more important then animals...so it is merely a left hand path.

The term "Pagan" is sometimes used to refer to ancient polytheistic religions.
Set, Loki, Hades...all versions of the devil from different times and religions so it is an ancient belief, and an ancient God.

Paganism is occasionally used to refer to [b]animistic, spirits-and-essences filled belief systems. These are based upon direct perception of the forces of nature and usually involves the use of idols, talismans and taboos in order to convey respect for these forces and beings.[/b] Many native, aboriginal religions fit this definition.
Sounds like satanism to me.

A rare use of "Pagan" is to describe a person who does not follow an main Abrahamic religion. That is, their faith does not recognize Abraham as a patriarch. The individual is neither Christian, Muslim, Baha'i nor Jew. This includes Agnostics, Atheists, Buddhists, Hindus, Humanists, Taoists, etc. About 45% of the people of the world are Pagans, by this definition.

The Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary gives an alternative definition of the word  "pagan" as: "relating to religious beliefs that do not belong to any of the main religions of the world" 

The term "Pagan" was widely used by Atheists, Agnostics, Humanists, etc. to refer to themselves. The word was also used by others to describe these groups. The usage dropped after the rise of Neopaganism in the middle of the 20th century, and is rarely seen today.
All the above are direct quotes of what a Pagan is and Satanism falls into the catergory as does Voodoo and other more violent and "bad" religious beliefs.

For more reseaech clink the link or Google it.
QIO

Post by QIO »

LaFiamma wrote:
QIO wrote:
LaFiamma wrote:
In any event, nothing in this particular case that I've seen even begins to suggest any sort of "pagan" activity.
Thats not to say it wasnt present though?

Not 100% impossible- and I really only say this because I don't think that anything is completely impossible
Interesting thought (the bolded bit), a bit of a broad and somewhat of a errornous statement.

So you believe it is not completely impossible that:

A man could fly by donning a red cape jumping off a cliff and flapping his arms?

Remeber you did say anything.
Do I think it's probable? No, absolutely not. Unless there are some bizarre details that haven't been revealed, none of the information indicates to me anyhting besides a couple of disturbed individuals with too little to occupy their time.
But that is only the information you are presented with, to speak of its probablity is to have intimate knowledge of the events and acess to case files etc.

This is more of a speculation and a discussion of the little talked about aspects of Paganism.
Estelle

Post by Estelle »

QIO wrote:
Estelle wrote:
QIO wrote: Thats not to say it wasnt present though?
I don't get why you brought Pagans into it. It might have easily been Satanic in nature or nothing at all.
All the above are direct quotes of what a Pagan is and Satanism falls into the catergory as does Voodoo and other more violent and "bad" religious beliefs.

For more reseaech clink the link or Google it.
Ok, by some definitions Satanism could be a subset of Paganism; I think there are quite a few Satanists that would disagree, but that wasn't my point. Maybe it was just some guys with necrophilia that wanted to get it on with a corpse. Why drag religion into it at all?

And as to this:
Satanism has elemental magic, and respect for nature and do not view themselves as more important then animals...so it is merely a left hand path.
This isn't accurate. Satanists could or could not use magic, in any form, plenty don't care about nature, and even more think they are the best thing since sliced bread.
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Post by LaFiamma »

QIO wrote:
LaFiamma wrote:
QIO wrote:
LaFiamma wrote:
In any event, nothing in this particular case that I've seen even begins to suggest any sort of "pagan" activity.
Thats not to say it wasnt present though?

Not 100% impossible- and I really only say this because I don't think that anything is completely impossible
Interesting thought (the bolded bit), a bit of a broad and somewhat of a errornous statement.

So you believe it is not completely impossible that:

A man could fly by donning a red cape jumping off a cliff and flapping his arms?

Remeber you did say anything.
Do I think it's probable? No, absolutely not. Unless there are some bizarre details that haven't been revealed, none of the information indicates to me anyhting besides a couple of disturbed individuals with too little to occupy their time.
But that is only the information you are presented with, to speak of its probablity is to have intimate knowledge of the events and acess to case files etc.

This is more of a speculation and a discussion of the little talked about aspects of Paganism.

this is a story that had no visible ties to any contemporary pagan practice- and saying that some hindu sects or some other group practices necrophilia doesn't link this case to a pagan cult.

And I did address the "unless there are some details not resolved" bit. Based on what is visible, no, I don't think that pagan cult ties are probable.

As for the guy in the cape, no not really likely and to try it would be pretty gosh darned stupid- then again, can you absolutely guarantee that anyone who ever tries it is going to fail? But quantum mechanics explains how it's theoretically possible to shoot a bb through a 10-foot brick wall and have it come out the other side. Remember, laws are only theories that have not yet been proved wrong.
lovespellsdontwork

corpses

Post by lovespellsdontwork »

Okay lol I think you have all taken this story to an outrageous level. There is no connection to paganism nor is there any connection to Hinduism from what I can see. (funny this happened in my state) Oh well. I think they were just some sick ****s who need some help. The poor girls corpse. Oh well......I hope her spirit haunts them er sumthing.

~WaterEcho~
QIO

Post by QIO »

Estelle wrote: Ok, by some definitions Satanism could be a subset of Paganism;
Which ones dont you agree with? Why only a subset it is a Pagan religion...you say no, why not?
I think there are quite a few Satanists that would disagree, but that wasn't my point. Maybe it was just some guys with necrophilia that wanted to get it on with a corpse. Why drag religion into it at all?
To show the darker side of religion and the left hand path in particular.
And as to this:
This isn't accurate. Satanists could or could not use magic, in any form, plenty don't care about nature, and even more think they are the best thing since sliced bread.
http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Eleven.html

Please draw your attention to rule number seven and ten.

http://www.spiralnature.com/spirituality/satanism/

http://apodion.com/vad/section.php?id=10

Please go to these sites they have some additional info on satanism.

I myself while being an atheist practice the philosophies of the left hand path.
Estelle

Post by Estelle »

QIO wrote: Which ones dont you agree with? Why only a subset it is a Pagan religion...you say no, why not?
Some people think that Pagans have to be polytheistic, some that Pagans have to worship nature, and some that think that anyone that isn't one of the Arbahamic faiths is a Pagan. So according so some, Buddhism would be under the umbrella of Paganism, but clearly the majority of Buddhists do not think that. Paganism has more than one definition, which is why there are quite a few Satanists that do not view themselves as Pagan. I'm talking Satanists in a general manner, not just LeVayan or Theistic.
But there is no part of the article that ever mentioned religion; you were the one that brought it in.

I myself while being an atheist practice the philosophies of the left hand path.
As I said, I'm not just talking about LeVayan Satanists here or any other one type. Satanists can be as hard to pinhole as Pagans.
QIO

Post by QIO »

Estelle wrote:
QIO wrote: Which ones dont you agree with? Why only a subset it is a Pagan religion...you say no, why not?
Some people think that Pagans have to be polytheistic, some that Pagans have to worship nature, and some that think that anyone that isn't one of the Arbahamic faiths is a Pagan. So according so some, Buddhism would be under the umbrella of Paganism, but clearly the majority of Buddhists do not think that. Paganism has more than one definition, which is why there are quite a few Satanists that do not view themselves as Pagan. I'm talking Satanists in a general manner, not just LeVayan or Theistic.
Indeed many may not choose it top be that way and may not view themselves as such.

I could think I am a Tiger and not a human...will that make me a tiger?
But there is no part of the article that ever mentioned religion; you were the one that brought it in.

Agreed, to show that paganism also has a dark side and that things like the rape of a corpse is present in some Pagan traditions.

As I said, I'm not just talking about LeVayan Satanists here or any other one type. Satanists can be as hard to pinhole as Pagans.
[/quote]

Like which kinds of satanists.

I have tried to provide you with evidence...you just keep firing back with what I can only assume are personal opinions. How am I to learn off opinions?

Return to “For Everyone”