Teaching witchcraft to others...

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
JBRaven
Banned Member

Teaching witchcraft to others...

Post by JBRaven »

A lot of teens that I know have been asking me to teach them and become a leader in a coven. I don't mind pointing them in the right dircetion but i don't belive i am one to teach or lead......

How do I help them with out putting myself in that high of a position ?

:?:
SilverFox*

just make sure to tell them...

Post by SilverFox* »

Just make sure they know you're ok with them asking for advice--but you don't wish to be a high priestess over them..you know??
It may sound rude, but they have to know if you are uncomfortable!!
**~**Blessed Be.**~**
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

my friend Demi was reading this over myshoulder and he got oogie about me not wanting to teach and walked off. :cry:

But that i guess is the route i will have to go.
SilverFox*

yea, i guess

Post by SilverFox* »

If you don't want to teach, they should respect that--besides it's not as if ur refusing to help them when they truly need it.

I'm sure they'll come to understand...
**~**Blessed Be.**~**
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

JB,

I got requests all the time from people who wanted a witchcraft teacher (people who visited the site.) I didn't want to spend my time teaching people stuff they can easily learn from reading books (like the rest of us do.) I don't understand why they need someone to show them everything. There is so much information out there if they would just read it. And if they can't buy books, there are a million sites on the internet. I feel the same way you do about it... who am I to teach them witchcraft? Plus, I just don't have the time. People act like they don't know how to teach themselves. For a while I had two "witchcraft teachers" that volunteered to teach, but today I told them both that I was done with that and I had taken that information off my site and they could hang out here and help people if they wanted to. The thing is, they were both Wiccan, and new witches don't really need to be shoved right into Wicca when there are plenty of other paths they could study. I didn't feel right sending everyone to a Wiccan teacher when all they really wanted was to learn basic witchcraft. So now I just tell them to come here if they need help or advice on witchcraft.

Hey, you know how my profile says that I'm an introvert with no friends? It's because of people like your friend who got mad and walked off when you wouldn't do what he wanted. He should understand and there is no reason to be mad about it. Anyway, how did you learn? Probably by reading books or the internet, right? Tell him that is how you learned and he should do the same if he wants to learn. duh.

SilverFox*

yep

Post by SilverFox* »

Wow you write long posts !!

Yea, you will most likely get ppl who will be mad if you do not do spells for them--luckily only a couple of my friends have asked me, I was happy to do it a couple times, but I would not start to bend myself over backward to get their spells for them!

Like one of my friends waited two weeks for a simple love sachel cuz I was too tired or forgot to do it!!! He didn't care, just kept reminding me(like i asked)
LOL

They have to understand you have a life too.
:D
**~**Blessed Be.**~**
anythingbutnormal

Post by anythingbutnormal »

This to -I taught myself. I dont want to learn someone elses opinons about witchcraft, i want to form my own. Oh, and I'm not wiccan for the same reason.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

That's good that you can think for yourself. It's really amazing how many emails I would get from people who needed step by step instructions (which I have never given). I don't mind a specific question, but I really don't have the time or patience for such general questions as, "Can you teach me how to be a witch?"

I really don't think all the people who think they are Wiccan are actually aware of what being Wiccan is all about. Mostly they just think that witches are Wiccans and they don't know there is a difference.

anythingbutnormal

Post by anythingbutnormal »

Exactly! one of my friends is wiccan and she made me read about it when I said I was going to start witchcraft(how long ago THAT seems) and they have SO MANY RULES! I dont want to be in a religion that controls my life, and I thought that Wicca was the only witchcraft. After she made me read about it I thought that I had gotten up my hopes for nothing. But then I decided that I would just be a witch, no wicca (I found out that by a google search) and its WAY easier.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I agree, it is way easier! I've said it before... if I need that many rules, I'd just be a Christian, lol.

SilverFox*

i don't know...

Post by SilverFox* »

I'm somewhat Wiccan....have an ecletic Wiccan teaher..and besides the Rede i'm not seeing all these rules ur talking about??
**~**Blessed Be.**~**
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I call myself wiccan because it is the closest to my path. It is the closest people can come to understanding. I live by the Rede but not really a wiccan lifestyle. I guess it is complex.

Thatnk you guys for the advice/personnal memories. They will help a lot.
SilverFox*

yea me too...

Post by SilverFox* »

No problem...I live about the same...Wiccan is easy to explain, and I follow the Rede, but not every pin point to the Wiccan lifestlye...
**~**Blessed Be.**~**
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I know this topic is really old, but in case those who are Wiccan are still interested to know what the actual Rules of Wicca are, I have run across them and wanted to show you the page:

161 Wiccan Laws

There are 161 laws, most of them having nothing to do with anything modern Wiccans do.

I didn't read them until just now, but some of these I've got to put here in case the page is too long and you don't feel like reading it. A few of these laws sound like something out of the Bible.

4. As a man loveth a woman by mastering her.
5. So the Wicca should love the gods by being mastered by them.
They aren't saying that a man should rule over women like God rules over you, are they?

35. And if any break these laws, even under torture, THE CURSE OF THE GODDESS SHALL BE UPON THEM, so they may never be reborn on earth and may remain where they belong, in the hell of the Christians.
You'll have to read the page to learn all the laws that you shouldn't break, but how odd is it that they would tell you that you will go to the Christian hell if you break the laws? I didn't even think Wiccans believed in hell. Looks like I need to learn more about Wicca.

51. If you would keep a book, let it be in your own hand of write. Let brothers and sisters copy what they will, but never let the book out of your hands, and never keep the writings of another.
Better get rid of all your Silver Ravenwolf and Scott Cunningham books.

124. "Tis judged lawful if ever any of the craft need a house or land and none will sell, to incline the owner's mind so as to be willing to sell, provided it harmeth him not in any way and the full price is paid without haggling.
You CAN do a spell ("incline the owner's mind") to make someone sell their house or land to you as long as they don't end up homeless and you don't haggle over the price, so go for it if you need it!

155. And it is for this reason that a man may be taught only by a woman and a woman by a man, and women and women should not attempt these practices together. So be it ordained.
So your teacher can't be a woman if you are a woman.

160. Punishment should be followed by something amusing. (I just thought that was funny.) They are referring to punishing fellow Wiccans for breaking a law.

Most of the stuff on that page refers to being in covens. I don't even think you would able to become a witch if a High Priestess didn't initiate you, according to the original laws. But I'm looking at other web sites now. Obviously, Wicca has changed drastically over the years from the original Garderian Wicca. These rules above were published in 1951. There are newer traditions people have come up with now. Here's a good page to find out about some of those and what kind of beliefs they have in case you'd like to choose one to follow. (They are all pretty similar, except a couple which are totally made-up versions of Wicca and they might as well have just called it something completely different as you will read on the page:
http://www.wicca.com/celtic/wicca/wiccas.htm

I think I'll go read up some more on it now. I really didn't know that much about Wicca except that it was very religious and had a lot of rules and laws to follow (that most Wiccans weren't aware of.) But I'm interested to know about it. I like learning about all different kinds of religions, you know? I hope you guys will read some too and let me know if you learn anything interesting.

JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Wow those are great. I wonder who wrote them and did people really follow them to the T

Return to “For Everyone”