For my little sister, Cassie

Post your poems here. If you post a poem by another author, which is fine, please give the author's name if you know it.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

For my little sister, Cassie

Post by Starwitch »

When I was 16, you were newborn,
Into our family, which had been nearly torn
You came into our lives, an angel disguised,
But we could see that twinkle in your sweet blue eyes.
We loved you so much, you brought us together
A family apart, now connected forever.
Always so positive, your aura glows bright,
I know that as sisters we'll always be tight.
We all love you dearly, I hope that you know,
You saved our family, it's you that we owe.
Although our parents split up when you were just two,
Our whole family is connected through our love for you.
I love you little sister.

Love,
Star
thasme

Post by thasme »

That is so sweet .. Makes me wished I had an older sister.. I Know she will love that poem...

:wink:

......................Rena
KNOW it NOW and you have WON...
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

Has your sister read that yet? That is so nice. Maybe she won't fully understand how much meaning is behind it until she is older, so I hope she saves it. She will definitely cherish that someday.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

No, I didn't show her actually. And I was just saying to Thasme in a PM that maybe I should wait until she's older, so it's funny you mention that. lol. Thanks for the comments you guys. :)

Marie*

Post by Marie* »

Well you put me to shame. See I am an older sister, and as much as I write poetry I have never wrote anything for my younger sister. Now I feel bad, becasue that was just soooo sweet!! I was touched.!! :D
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Thanks Marie! Don't feel bad though. This was the first poem I ever wrote, and I still haven't written any for my husband yet. I'm not much of a poet at all. I just thought of this one because I was watching old home videos of my family and my sister and it got me all emotional thinking about it, so I wrote that.

Frank N Sense

Post by Frank N Sense »

Very kewl poem . Even kewler that when the inspiration bug bit you captured it within that poem. You'll always have that, and your sister will really love it especially as she gets older. Truely wonderful!
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Thanks Frank! I do plan to show her someday, probably. But she is so young now that she might just think it's corny, you know? That's how kids are a lot of the times, even though she really is different than most kids her age, and she might not, but still, I will probably just wait.

Thanks for all the nice comments. :)

Stonehenge
Admin
Admin

Post by Stonehenge »

Very good Sweetie. Just another reason for me to be proud of you. There are so many reasons. I too have a younger sister, and as much as I love her, I have never written something as nice and sweet.

Ron
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Thanks Baby! I love all your poems to me. I'm glad you like this one for Cassie. My next goal is write one for you to tell you how wonderful you are to me, and how good you treat me. I'm very lucky to have a man as great as you. smileykiss2

I love you.

Love,

Return to “Poetry”