Crystal Balls and Tea Leaves

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
kittiekat93

Crystal Balls and Tea Leaves

Post by kittiekat93 »

Can someone please tell me about reading crystal balls and tea leaves, like how to do it and where to get crystal balls.

Thanks a million,

Kitty :type:
Kitty :type:

BTW I might not be on here very much anymore, because my dad installed net nanny, and he doesn't know I am into 'this kind of stuff'

Sorry for any common questions or dumb answers.. im mostly new at this..
wiccan_butterfly

Post by wiccan_butterfly »

hmm, well check this site and look in your area your supplies that you would like.

www.witchvox.com
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Isnt reading crystal calls just scrying? I think it is, so just look up information that that. And i am not sure about tea leaves, sorry.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Comus

Post by Comus »

As far as I know, reading tea leaves is about as accurate as reading clouds. i.e. whatever shapes you see, you may extrapolate meaning from. This is particularly prone to flights of fancy, etc, but worth a try.
Idz qaala
Leo*Moon

Post by Leo*Moon »

I don't intend for this to be a plug but I do have a Fortune Telling section on my website, I got the information from The Fortune Telling Book by Gillian Kemp. The first topic you will see is Crystal ball reading, and if you look on the side bar under Fortune Telling you will see a sub topic "Tea Leaves".
http://groups.msn.com/broomcloset/fortunetelling.msnw

Hope that helps.
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool. ~Shakespeare
AnuChild

Post by AnuChild »

I read tea leaves sometimes. I learned from Tea Cup Tales: The Art of Tea Leaf Reading by Margaret Lange McWhorter. It's a great book and gives tons of good info, especially info on how to prepare and drink the tea before reading.

Are you familiar with the Sacred Texts website? They have a couple eBooks on crystal ball scrying.
Come, heart, where hill is heaped upon hill:
For there the mystical brotherhood
Of sun and moon and hollow and wood
And river and stream work out their will.

W. B. Yeats, Into the Twilight
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Oh, i didnt know sacret text had articals on tea leaf reading, i love that website. Is it under the Book Of Shadows section?
Merry Part
~Addalaide
AnuChild

Post by AnuChild »

Crystal scrying is at Sacred Texts.

Tea leaves? I don't know. I got my book at a second-hand sale.
Come, heart, where hill is heaped upon hill:
For there the mystical brotherhood
Of sun and moon and hollow and wood
And river and stream work out their will.

W. B. Yeats, Into the Twilight
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Ah ok. I am there now, hehe. I will look it up.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
jcrowfoot

More scrying suggestions

Post by jcrowfoot »

I feel compelled to mention that you don't have to use a crystal ball to do scrying. It is actually much more economical to use a large rounded piece of tumbled quartz. I found a really nice piece at a local rock shop for only $14. I'd have paid more than $100 (US) for a crystal sphere with that much viewing space. Also, it's easier to use. You don't need a special stand, and you don't have to hold it at funky angles to look into it for good effect. In fact, I think a crystal lens is much more effective. Just put it on a dark fabric (black is traditional, indigo has nice attributions, too) and go!

Further, making a black mirror isn't as hard as one might think. Three easy steps:
1. Get a piece of glass from a glass shop. You can have it cut round (I like not having corners!) or beveled. I went with a piece of 1/2 inch glass, but you could go thinner.

2. Get some spray paint. A black shiny spray paint works best.
Layer one side of the glass with the paint. The side you aren't planning on scrying into. This matters if one side is beveled.

3. Frame it! If you are careful about the size of your glass, you can use a regular picture frame or a mirror frame, to mount your scrying glass into. I have seen some beautiful examples of this. One person I knew had a silver crescent moon mirror that she replaced the silver glass with the black glass with a few simple tools.

Also, you can use a gold paint pen to draw a border around the edge of the glass before you put the black paint on, for that custom effect. Someone I know did the zodiac, and another did the runes.
jcrowfoot

Something I forgot... about making a scrying mirror

Post by jcrowfoot »

Oh, and when you use the spray paint to make your mirror, you want to put on lots and lots of thin layers so it's even. It doesn't completely blacken all at once.
[Ebony Rose]

Post by [Ebony Rose] »

jcrowfoot making your own scrying mirror sounds wonderful, and fun. It might also work better if your own energy is in it.
[ravenwing]

Post by [ravenwing] »

We have lots of inexpensive ones........and for those who asked, Crystal Ball gazing is exactly like scrying.

Return to “General Divination”