How to know when in love?

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.
Witch1693

How to know when in love?

Post by Witch1693 »

how do you know when you are in love? is it just one of those things that happeneds? or do you have to think about it?
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

It depends on if you recognize it or not. For me, at first I thought he was just super hot (btw he isn't conventionally hot). Then my fingertips brushed his when I handed him some tylenol one day. I almost swooned and my heart pounded. We started dating a month later and we're engaged now. We've been together for nearly 4 years.

I wouldn't presume to think it's the same for everyone though.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

thats so mills and boone(no offense)

i dont believe in the "our eyes met from accross the room, and at that moment...i knew" type crap, i reckon it takes time to develop but it generally starts with some sort of lust whether it be the swooning type or the feelings of content when being around a person.
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

With me and my wife it was sort of "love at first sight" and sort of not.

We hit it off and were fast friends the night we met. Two weeks later, I looked at her and seconds after we locked eyes, we were kissing and telling each other we loved the other. It just sort of happened and once it did, we just knew. Hand head and heart that we were the one for the other. It's really weird. But love is always that way. Unpredictable. For some it is the "thunderbolt", you see them , they see you and WHAM! Sometimes it's a slow subtle thing, creeping up on you over a long period of time untill you look around one day and realize your in love and have been for a while.

Love is crazy that way. Personally. I wouldn't have it any other way. It makes life interesting.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

thats so mills and boone(no offense)
None taken. And it did take time to develop. That was the third time we'd 'met'. Only, the first two times we were very different people. This time we were both in a place in our lives that it worked.
Nikita

Post by Nikita »

I have no idea about love my ex who broke up with me about 3 weeks ago kept saying he loved me but i was only with him for 3 months.. he left me went back to his proposed to her 30 mins after he left me LOL
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Ouch... That stings.

Well he obviously didn't love you, but I think you still know more than he does about what it is.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i love the whole "you can love someone without being IN LOVE with them"

i find it holds true but the dual meanings associated with the term "i love you" tend to bring out consistencies, where someone is often being manipulated.
Nikita

Post by Nikita »

I hate men right now im next boyfriend will be Wiccan and have tattoos lol
Istaqa

Post by Istaqa »

For me it crept up on me, i knew i liked her, i knew we had fun together, we shared so many likes and interests and it seemed we always ended up doing things together. Neither of us were looking for more than a friend at the start so i never thought to ask am i in love.
The realisation didnt hit me till i was talking to another friend about love and he asked would i walk through fire for her.

So i would say you dont realise till you think about it.
Fanny

Post by Fanny »

I believe in having a big attraction to someone right away, but love at first sight, not sure, I think you need to take a closer look, and then slowly fall in love with the way they walk , laught, eat, sleep, and then once you know them well enought you just end up one day in love with the person,finding yourslef thinking about them all the time, and just wanting /needing to be with them.
Ive hated love for so long, but now I realize that maybe it's better to love and get hurt then to never have loved at all. Im still not sure...lol..
Love can be so beautifull yet so horrobly painfull at the same time, thats why I always stuck with lust insted..lol..guess you just have to find the balance in between.

Either way Witch1693, once you'll fall in love im sure you'll know
just dont forget to wear a helmet :wink:
Never regret anything, because at one point ...it was exacly what you wanted!

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”