Reincarnation

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Ok, Shadowflame - from my sources it can be seen that most of the Norse jarls of the colonies, Orkney, Iceland, Ireland etc, Danes/Swedes and Norwegian together[which is unusual in itself] fought at Clontarf in Ireland [1014] against Brian Boru and the Irish army.Perhaps that's when your ancestral slaves were taken, likely a gift for the allegiance in battle, or a battle prize.The Danes kingship in Ireland was in decline then, with the Native Irish in open rebellion.So far,it's the latest likelihood I can track. It gives a starting point. Do you know if they were Christian, it is likely they were? When Magnus converted Iceland it was said that 'pagans' could continue to worship, but not openly. This soon changed,as we know, but like here and in Orkney, the old ways die hard. Perhaps your memory/dream is of being hunted for staying with the old ways?I think youfeel that yourself? I need to find some later information but as I said before that will take some time. The saga, the written document of the history of Iceland, I can't write it' name without misspelling, sorry, may give some useful hints. I 'll be looking there next.
sacredherbals

Post by sacredherbals »

Shadowflame wrote: What kind of death I'm not sure, but I have always had two distinct phobias: I can, for the life of me, never let anyone touch the front of my neck/throat (not sure which word to use) and I can't stand fire, not even on a grille during a barbeque. However, if this is all somehow linked, and has something to do with my ancestry, it would have happened in Iceland. The problem with that theory however is of course the landscape and also the fact that only one woman was ever burned here and none were ever hanged, even though they were drowned in abundance. But I've got nothing against water, I'm a sucky swimmer, but I don't hate the water for it, just my own lack of abilities.
Thats interesting. I have a strong fear of water....When I was younger I used to always go in the ocean with no problem...then once I reached a certain age I became terrified of the water! I wouldnt go in the water for a long time! I just recently started to go in again, little by little....but only if by boyfriend goes in with me! I often wonder if this has anything to do with a past life? I believe in reincarnation....in some form.....

::coolglasses::
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

I believe in future and past lives! I always have! When I was a little girl I remember having little flashbacks and stuff from other life times. And I remember actually being able to tell what gender I was.
Pixie Tales

Post by Pixie Tales »

i believe that once you have fully lived out your life you can finally move on. but you need to learn all you need to know before you do..

ex..
suicide.. why bother? you come back and start all over again..

ex..
being stupid and ran in front of a car on a dare.. possibly start from where you left off.. however just a bit smarter on accepting dares..

ex..
die of natural causes.. well did you learn everything in that life in order to move on? if not.. back you go to learn some more..

ex..
lived 3 or 4 or 50 full meaningful lives.. learned all there is to know from this life.. Moving on to the next level..

hope i make some sense
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

you made sense, but i dont quite agree really, because you can never learn it all, i think it comes down to choice, because in the end thats all we have.
Pixie Tales

Post by Pixie Tales »

Sobek wrote:you made sense, but i dont quite agree really, because you can never learn it all, i think it comes down to choice, because in the end thats all we have.
i didnt mean it as we need to learn it ALL i meant it as we each have a certain thing we need to learn.. after we learn what we are suppose to.. we move on..
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

It used to be quite warm on the Isles, much more so than it is today. It is theorized that the reason why Christianity was finally caught on was due to climatic changes there.

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”