Qabbalah

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

For my very limited study of the Qabalah, the focus that I took was on exploring the concepts embodied by traveling through the pathways between the Sephiroth, and less about the "man" identity in Malkuth nor the "male god" identity in Kether. What didn't quite work for me is that some of the vices of the spheres are things that I personally don't consider to be vices because I have a different theological viewpoint. On the other hand, the idea of progression through the spheres was an intriguing concept.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Yeh,if you transfer gender,where appropriate and look carefully at the concepts, it works well.Understanding planetary influences helps with it.Mercury as androgynous -the forming intellect,can be either/both genders and encompasses all mindsets.Jupiter especially, acting alongside Venus, gives a feminine slant to his influence.Woman as matriarch etc.They form conjunctions quite often.in the sky. Saturn, well we have wise teachers/lesson providers who are women too.The planets don't just affect us by their gender [classically] but by ours.Though I can't possibly explain it all, here,in a few sentences.It 's workable.
Don't worry Hannah, reading this.Learn and see for yourself, ask questions when you need to.

All this is before you even get to know about the Qlippoth.Oh boy!
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

( and of course...no offense) I like the idea Eretik, and have used gender variable replacement on a number of occasions. It's just that, for some things...they're so "one way or the other" that it's ridiculous . I feel trying to subvert the masculine paradigm of kabbalah would be tantamount to throwing the New York City Ballet company onto the ice ( without pads, sticks or skates) and asking them to win against the the entire National Hockey League.

It would be almost like....no....I'd say it's exactly like....dropping yourself into a huge pit of vipers, rattlesnakes and black widows and asking them politely not to bite you.

Sorry, not trying to cause a ruckus, there are some things that are irreconcilable for me. This is one of those things.

Thet
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I get by just fine.Maybe I'm just not aware I shouldn't be able to get by?
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

lol...or maybe it's because I'm male....and my own testosterone disallows me to view it in another way....;)

Thet

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”