Having a tiny problem

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

I've been planning what I'm doing after high school etc, and I'm not about to f@#! things up cause I wanted a "deeper" journey. I agree with different forms of altering the mind, like burning incense and listening to ambiance, like ocean waves. Sensory therapy instead of killing brain cells. Also the point of many traditional Shamans etc using mind altering drugs is fact, true, but that is their tradition and freedom, I choose not too.
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

shamanistic drums work quite well, haven't tried it with incense added to it though since i think my room will suffocate if i light that up
ATraveller
Banned Member

Post by ATraveller »

amunptah777 wrote:Atraveler,

me? Aw...I could go into it but then there'd be all kinds of craziness....yes...I'm a firm believer in conscious altering substances as religious practice.

If you mean the o.p....no he's actually upset about this...
My apologies if I came off too flippant. I've just been taught, that no matter what the background is, then astral-travel or whatever you want to call it can be dangerous to practice on your own.

I don't think it necessarily takes drugs to mess with your mind.

But then, fear is the mind-killer. Sometimes you have to leap first and then figure out where you're going to land afterwards.

Shaman, those journeys of yours sound amazing :)

A
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

I've had some interesting ones for sure. I'm just now starting to get to a deeper level of meditation, one where I can really feel my astral body moving around. it's very cool, and defiantly worth more experimentation.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Ok, I think the safest overall method for this is drumming. Just be sure you keep guardians around to keep you safe. I use a bone knife and stone arrowheads in the four directions to protect my physical body, and a guide to keep me on track. I like Michael Harner's drum recordings, since I have yet to perfect the drum/journey at the same time yet. I used to get some friends together, pick someone out to drum, and every one else gets to journey.
That was great!

For your first trip, you want to go a garden or somewhere pretty and safe where you can meet your animal helper(s) and guide(s).

So think of a place before you get started, preferably a place you've been to In Real Life that you felt safe and comforted in and plan to go there. It's better if its an outdoorsy place, but that's not required.

I chose my grandmother's back yard for this purpose.

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”