Scott Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Solitary_Wiccan

Scott Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs

Post by Solitary_Wiccan »

Hey guys,
I have recently purchased this book and thought I would share my opinion with the rest of you. I love it! It has over 400 herbs listed, with pretty thourough descriptions. Aside from this, it also has a section dedicated to how herbs are used and for which situation. It is very easy to understand and shows just how easy herbalism can actually be, with the right amount of knowledge of course.

Here's a link to amazon's "inside book":
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0875421 ... eader-link

Has anyone else bought this book? What's your opinion on it? :)
sunstoneleo

Post by sunstoneleo »

I love it too. I have an old version that I found at the Humane Society Book Sale. It is a great book.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

I too love this book. I find it frustrating because there are parts of it (even the new version) that seem... unfinished. Mine has all kinds of notes and scrawls in the margins, and I would love to expand this book!
Silver MoonShadow

Post by Silver MoonShadow »

Scott's book is also one of my favorites! I love how easy and concise it is. I use it whenever I need to know something about an herb.
adent

Post by adent »

I also have this book, it is pretty good although there are some things about the author that irk me. I also have another book of his, "The Complete Book of Incense, Oils and Brews", In some cases he assigns different planetary or elemental rulers to the same herb. It leaves one to wonder which book is right or if he was just quessing. Either way it is just sloppy work in my opinion.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”