Isis - supposed goddess of vampires

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
[Human]

Isis - supposed goddess of vampires

Post by [Human] »

hello everyone sorry for my rude interuptions of not being on the forums.

Not alot is said on Isis these days i believe.

Im newly interested in Vamprism. Some may call me a crazy coot but ive met one of these beings and they are nothing like what hollywood movie properganda say. Like the 'sharp canines', bad posture, ugly (nosferatu i believe hollywood call it lol :lol:) and apparently immortal... well i say, everything that has a heart beat eventually dies.

She is now a friend of mine, shes what you call a hybrid, a sanguarian and psi vampire. Born the way she is, not turned. Sanguarian, not having a blood fetish which is close family of condition but actually requires physically the blood of either human and animal alike.

Im not going to ask such of turning, because i know from fact that i would appear as impulsive, impatient and all the rest.

Infact i dont really want to turn at this stage in my life because she says the awakening is horrible. I have dabbled in the cultistic vampire communities on the web and they dont really state much except on the goddess Isis, mother of vampires. Apparently, only saying apparently. You can make a pact with Isis...

But anyway im not in the know at the moment of all this. I need others views which i respect on this forum.

thankyou in advance others.
Wolf Heart

Post by Wolf Heart »

Do not think you're crazy for being interested in this. A friend of mine and myself have also done research on this. She knows far more than me. I have never heard of the Isis stuff, but that is interesting. I cannot offer too much info as my mind is quite blank right now, however I can give you the link to a website/forum that is very helpful and where I spent a lot of time gathering info.

www.slad.net

Hope this helps.
Blessed Be,
Wolf Heart
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

Isis is a nurturer of life, interpret that how you will. Any cult can pick a deity and say it's the deity of their kind. As far as a pact goes, well that can be done with anything willing. though if you know, i'd like to know the nature of such a pact.

"Because of the association between knots and magical power, a symbol of Isis was the tiet/tyet (meaning welfare/life), also called the Knot of Isis, Buckle of Isis, or the Blood of Isis. The tiet in many respects resembles an ankh, except that its arms curve down, and in all these cases seems to represent the idea of eternal life/resurrection. The meaning of Blood of Isis is more obscured, but the tyet was often used as a funerary amulet made of red wood, stone, or glass, so this may have simply been a description of its appearance.

"well i say, everything that has a heart beat eventually dies."

-I'm going to live forever, im not the one with the heartbeat...that would be my body ;)
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

"a friend of mine, shes what you call a hybrid, a sanguarian and psi vampire........ Born the way she is, not turned...... but actually requires physically the blood of either human and animal alike. "

"she says the awakening is horrible."

#Afew points/questions, someone born to sanguinarianism, would be needing blood from infancy - why then would there be an 'awakening' in an inborn drive ? it happens if it's an inborn genetic feature, but that would indicate porphyria, a condition that is indeed hereditary -but not something that is desirable,as it's not glamorous at all.It's painful.It's 'bloody 'inconvenient.Ha ha.

it does progress and often 'kicks up a few notches' at puberty,especially,unfortunately in females - bleeding monthly can precipitate acute attacks, an awakening of sorts indeed.

You can't be infected, it's not viral or otherwise transmissible.

Be careful of those who claim these things. Keep your wits and scepticism about you.You can learn a lot from 'Vampires' but watch out, there are a lot of them out there who are unstable and a bit in need of therapy.Some are lost in a romantic delusion of 'Gothness' and some are just rather fond of sado- masochistic activities dressed up as religion. I know those who are decent sorts - blood fetishits mostly, but with a spirituality that is valid.Some are [shock horror -Christian Gnostics]This [sanguine axctivities]does not usually, affect their occult/magickal practices -but it does for some. These folk are reserved about talking with non -vamps about spirituality, you need to get their trust - they get hassled and get a lot of young 'green necks' wanting into the 'cool' vamp club etc. They don't offer' turnings' .

#On turning - you can learn energy manipulaton and vampirism of the psi type - that much is very true.

#You can learn the techniques of blood fetish.

#there is a sort of astral vampirism which is attainable, I believe.A spiritual discipline of the predatory kind,but it requires a lot of hard work .

#You can't be turned into something you have not got the genetic blueprint for.That kind of mutational alchemy is still beyond us - no matter what any one says.NO, not buying that.

#Isis is a strange and interesting diety,she crosses life and death - thanks for the info. on 'Tyet', Sobek.I always liked the 'droopy' ankh but did not know the significance.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I forgot - You can learn a lot from this woman -but recognise it will be a meaningful exchange.She will probably teach you, but will be draining you too.She must like your energy sig. No vamp will train you for nothing in return -think about it. Keep an eye out for her associates and friends - see if there is any one else you can move on to later,it works both ways.Keep the company of wolves,if you must , but don't be sheepish about it.lol.The internet sites are fullof b****** but there is some useful information to be gleaned from them.
wiccachicken
Banned Member

Post by wiccachicken »

She's an EGYPTIAN goddess, she is the mother aspect of nature, she represents every woman, knows every emotion that women go through. I agree with Sobek that the Vampires can adopt her as their deity but by no means is she only associated with that.

She is my deity, and to me the beautiful deity....I have connected with her....I have yet to connect with the God....whenever I contact her I feel her arms enfolding me in warmth....and to me....she wouldn't be associated with Sanguinus....she, for me, represents the lover aspect and the mother aspect of the Goddess.

Osiris was chopped into millions of pieces by his jealous brother....she used her magick to put him together and they were reunited. She did this again and again and again via many other ways.

She is a beautiful goddess. But I can see why she would be a Goddess for Sanguinus...she is definately a very sexual goddess and very powerful.
DesktopHippie

Re: Isis - supposed goddess of vampires

Post by DesktopHippie »

Human wrote:Not alot is said on Isis these days i believe.
Heh - I believe the opposite! Unless a tradition sticks to a non-Egyptian pantheon then Isis always gets a mention. In my experience, she's one of the most important Deities in modern Goddess worship - right up there with Diana, Artemis and Inanna. Heck, I've even come accross one group that rejected fixed Deity names altogether in favour of a more universal God/Goddess symbology and even they referred to the Goddess by the name Isis Urania.
[AmberRose13]

Post by [AmberRose13] »

I know that the focus here is on the goddess Isis, but I just wanted to post a bit on the sanguine thing.

I also understand that this is an old post. I've been wanting to write on this for a while, but hate bringing this up. I trust everyone on this forum, and know that this is a safe, non-judgemental place.
I do not like to admit this, but I am a sanguine. I am not your typical one however, because I keep it underwraps. Only a few very close friends know, and I trust them to keep it secret.
That being said, there are a few things wrong with what your friend is telling you. You CANNOT be turned. What your friend is describing being "painful", the awakening, isn't really. Its just frusterating. It isn't physically painful, its mentally painful. Your psychic awareness kicks in. You cannot stop thinking about blood (something that was very hard for me, being raised in a veggitarian household, lol), and that's on top of the regular teenage crap.
She seems to be protraying the gothic image. She has taken you under her wing (pun not intended, lol) to use you for energy, and possibly as a blood doll.

I have completely turned my head from the vampire community. Its all too romanticized for my liking. I have adapted so I do not "need" blood. I rarely use it anymore because I hate the idea that I am dependant on something, :)
I do tend to eat a lot of raw fish (sushi addict!) though... maybe that's my body replacing it.....
That being said, just keep your head on your shoulders. If something doesn't sound right, it probably isn't. Don't let them use you, and remember that its really a lifestyle for most of them. Because, logically, what teenager wouldn't love to be the gothic image of Lestat, or be dark and stunningly beautiful?

- Amberrose
"Sometimes the measure of friendship isn't your ability to not harm but your capacity to forgive the things done to you and ask forgiveness for your own mistakes."
- R.K. Milholland
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

If anyone judges you then they are being narrowminded Amberrose.We've discussed sanguinarians on a few topics.Exilus [who hasn't been around here for a while] is Sanguine too.Me I'm yer ordinary old psi - vamp.lol.I'll wait and see what I get for saying that.I'm now ready to field the flak and the judgmentalists,I wasn't before.It only took me a year to 'come out' about my porphyria,LOLZ, again because of the negative connotations put upon us by the ignorant,re:vampirism. There is so much ignorance and fear,misinformation and glorification[re: the shock tactic rebels : this is 'evil' ,ooh! And 'evil' is sooooo kewl!] around,mainly because of the horror/reactionism of the 'whitelighter' brigade and those who feel 'white' magick is the only valid or moral kind.Much more[ no doubt] later.
[AmberRose13]

Post by [AmberRose13] »

there is this book called "vampires : the occult truth" by Konstantinos. I actually own it because a friend got it for me. I was so shocked to see so much innacurrate information.... I mean, some of it is good, like the chapter on people with renfields syndrom, bu there is a huge part about protection againt psychic vampires.... it talks about how after these humans die their spirit goes through a transformation that grants them eternal life and they walk the world attacking people in sleep... no wonder people get upset about vampires, they're getting innaccurate information!
And the worst part about it is that the friend who purchased it for me got it from hottopic!
For those of you who do not know what Hottopic is, its the abercrombie and gap of gothic teenyboppers. Now, I must say that I did spend lots of money on clothes there as a teen, but the store is usually filled with lost teenyboppers who dress goth to be different and rebel against their parents.
These are the people who need to be taught that witchcraft, vampirism, and ouiji boards etc. are not things to be fooled around with.
Um, anyhoo, this rant kinda went longer than I thought it would, lol. I gotta go clean my apartment before I get inspected tomorrow.

- Amberrose
"Sometimes the measure of friendship isn't your ability to not harm but your capacity to forgive the things done to you and ask forgiveness for your own mistakes."
- R.K. Milholland
AkanaAnash

Post by AkanaAnash »

(clears throat....I believe....)

I noticed this post was back on the top the list when I checked in last night,

all I have to say is "grrr, arrrrgh"

As a devotee of Asat, I have to tell you that The Great Goddess is one of Life , ever growing, spiraling outward, eternal.

As a serious student of Vampire lore, variant culture contexts, mythology, and current interpretations via media I can tell you that....in terms of Spiritual/Mythological context.... Isis is to Vampires what the Amazon river is to a can of Coca Cola.

Actually, now that I've said that...your original statement kind of makes sense...If vampires wanted to feel more alive...they might indeed pray to Isis.

:)

Thet
"The Prince Of Darkness is a gentleman"
W. Shakespeare

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”