Deployment:(

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
The Judge

Deployment:(

Post by The Judge »

Well, here it is. I'll be deploying in about 2 months for Afghanistan. :(
I'll be there for 12 to 15 months so I may not be around too much. Just wanted to let everyone know before I just disappeared.:)

Also, for those that are also in the military, I wan't to ask, how did you caome to terms with the Rede, "Harm none"? I can undertand selfdefense but is it self defense if you put yourself in the situation? I work intel so I shouldn't have to wory about it too much, I was just wondering.
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not go blindly forward, See
Do not judge, Understand
Do not forget, for in this you shall learn nothing
-The Judge
Risingpanther

Post by Risingpanther »

I would say that the gods will understand your position in the military and spare you from the rule of three...like all laws it has exceptions for those who cannot help what they do. Try to make sure you dont kill completely unnecessarily though. I will make sure to make a certificate for your well-being...a talisman of sorts for long-distance safekeeping. Return safely to us, you will be missed.
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

Thank you Risingpanther.

I hopefully won't need to. I'll be sticking around for a couple more months though and I'll jump on when I get the time over there. It'll be rough though since I will be working long hours.

And I don't intend on letting them get me, they're gonna have to work for it.:D The trip to and from the base will be the most dangerous, when I'm out in the open, but I've got my buddies and we watch each others back. I know I can trust them to watch mine. Though I am the lowest ranked member of my section, I will do everything I can to bring my team home. I won't leave them and I can trust my leadership to do the same. We will all come back to our families and friends, alive and well.:) I promise.:)

Blessed Be,:D
The Judge

Edit: sorry Risingpanther some of my keys don't always work. misspelling. :oops:
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not judge, Understand
-The Judge
AkanaAnash

Post by AkanaAnash »

Hi Judge,

Sorry you'll be there. I could go on and on about "Harm None"

But you'll have to reconcile it in your own way.

I couldn't, personally. I'd have to be all "uhmmm yah...my religious beliefs demand that I resign my commission" but...whatevva,

There's the Buddhist ideal of "Right Occupation" and reading up on that might help. As in perhaps you're supposed to be in this job.

Just a thought.

Thet
"The Prince Of Darkness is a gentleman"
W. Shakespeare
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

Of that I have little doubt, I think too much like soldier to be anywhere else. I have this feelng that I've done this in many past lives as well so I'm not too concerned. My reconceliation is that I haven't chosen a combat job. I chose an office job but I can still end up out there with everyone, I can accept self-defense but I won't go around killing people that aren't a direct threat to myself or my team. Part of the Creed for our leaders in the feild is to look after the welfare of soldiers under their command and I take the same charge, I will do my best to keep my team alive, and I will leave no soldier behind.:D I am responsible for keeping everyone in my Brigade alive, my intel analysis gives the men and women that leave the bases on patrol the infomation they need to stay safe, and I take it very seriously, I will lose no soldiers on my watch if at all possible. Sorry, I've gotten a little somber as of late. I'll try to be mor cheerful.:)

Blessed Be,
The Judge
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not judge, Understand
-The Judge
ATraveller
Banned Member

Post by ATraveller »

Stay safe out there.

A
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

Best of luck. I hope you find the opportunity to do some good.

cheers,

T. Guy
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Stay safe.
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

My son is in Iraq. Thank you for all you do for us. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
Suppose;

Post by Suppose; »

I'll do a spell for your protection in my next ritual, as well.

Keep safe.
If I had it my way, all the troops would be coming home ASAP, but I can't control everything.

:?

But, I think the gods, like us, would understand your situation. As long as you are content with yourself, I think that's what matters.
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

Thank you all, though I don't really want to go, I know the reasons and logic behind it. If we leave the country will collapse and become a haven for terrorists, if we stay more may die but eventually we will stabilize the government and leave. Not pretty but it'll have to do. We need to finish what we began, or it will cause many more problems later.:(

Blessed Be,
The Judge
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not judge, Understand
-The Judge
Kolohe Redux
Banned Member

Post by Kolohe Redux »

Good luck, hope you stay safe and is relatively uneventful. Thank you.

Kolohe
The Judge

Post by The Judge »

Hey everyone, just checkimg in. It's somewhat uneventful so far but I did just get here so we'll see how it goes.:)

Blessed Be,:D
The Judge
Do not attempt, Achieve
Do not hear, Listen
Do not judge, Understand
-The Judge
Suppose;

Post by Suppose; »

That's good. I hope it stays that way :)

S;
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I hope you aren't too homesick. Stay safe over there!

Bright Blessings,

Return to “For Everyone”