Polyamoury

General discussion/questions about life, death, sexuality, love, teen concerns, lifestyle, & work.

Would you be polyamourous?

Yes
18%
No
50%
Maybe
23%
I LOVE three-somes Hell Yes!
9%

Total votes: 22

Colubra

Post by Colubra »

KaidaPyralis wrote:I personally couldn't do it, because my idea of being in love is giving your all to someone, and having them do the same. But if all partners care for each other equally, in theory I suppose it could work.

Kaida
Oh believe me, my idea of being in love also is giving your all to someone. But I believe that you can give your all to more than one someone if you feel so strongly about them naturally. No two loves will be the same in form, but in amount and degree the love you have for one can be equal to the love you have for another. It's like spices....you can have two teaspoons of two different spices. They are both the same amount...a teaspoon....but the flavors are different. Not better or worse, just different. And both teaspoons will fit in one recipe. Gosh I love metaphors. :)
athena

Post by athena »

I believe we have an unlimited capacity to love spiritually and emotionally. Physical love is generally a natural progression when you truly love someone (and I don't believe that can be said the other way around), however I am married to a man who does not share my spiritual beliefs and his idea of commitment is mostly physical.

I cannot cause harm to others by word, thought or deed, and therefore have remained physically faithful throughout our 15 year relationship. It can be frustrating at times, and I have shared spiritual & emotional connections with others with the full knowledge of my partner so the frustration is purely physical.

My connections are usually stronger with members of my own gender, and while my husband would "enjoy" a physical union in that manner, it would be done for all of the wrong reasons and I personally would receive no spiritual satisfaction from that. So it never has and likely never will happen. :(

So long story short, I would if I could, but I can't so I shan't (physically) & DO IT ALL THE TIME (spiritually) :!:

Athena
Mutt

Post by Mutt »

Colubra wrote: Oh believe me, my idea of being in love also is giving your all to someone. But I believe that you can give your all to more than one someone if you feel so strongly about them naturally. No two loves will be the same in form, but in amount and degree the love you have for one can be equal to the love you have for another. It's like spices....you can have two teaspoons of two different spices. They are both the same amount...a teaspoon....but the flavors are different. Not better or worse, just different. And both teaspoons will fit in one recipe. Gosh I love metaphors. :)
I LOVE the way that you explained this! This is pretty much the best way that I've ever heard it explained. It bugs me that so many people expect love to be exactly the same with every person that they fall for.

Right now, I'm in love with two beautiful, amazing young women. DIffering reasons for each of them, but both wonderful examples of the inherent beauty in humanity.
oracle's child

Post by oracle's child »

i had two instances in my 20's and early 30's where i lived with 2 guys. we were all on the same page and it worked out fine. thankfully. the first lasted about 3 years until one joined the military and then we went our separate ways. over the years we stayed in touch and would help each other move or meet for breakfast and catch up on old news. the second lasted about a year and a half. there again we were in agreement about the relationship (i had two boyfriends, so what was the big deal?) and after a while grew apart. one met a girl and went off by himself. we continued as friends. obviously not for everyone.

Return to “Life, Death, and Love”