The god and goddess have given me something special.

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
SeekerGray

The god and goddess have given me something special.

Post by SeekerGray »

(please, before you read this, I want to make sure that you know not to post 'joke posts'. I know my story does sound a bit far fetched, but this past week has been confusing, full of change and discovery, and strange chaos. It's all true, and I don't know how to deal with it properly. It's like my experiences can be compared to throwing a 2D person into a 3D world. I just need a little help from people who have gone through similar experiences before.)

A few days ago, Addicus put up a board stating how he found his 'true' name, and alot of people responded to it. All their responses taught me things I didn't know before (ie., you must find your true name before you do your self-dedication ceremony). It also reminded me that I had to find my own name soon, because my real name would have more power in the magical realm. I didn't know how he got his, so I started searching up online how to find my own. All of these different places had different ways to find 'your real name', but none of them felt...right.

And then, out of the blue, I felt like I had to light a candle, get my moonstone, and get some paper, and if I didn't do it, I would be very sad (it's hard to describe, but it was a strange feeling).

And then, my hand started to write down things... things I didn't even know I could write. It was an incantation; an incantation to find my real name.

I was in shock at this point, but with the whole heart-skull incident that happened yesterday, I decided to go with it.

Anyway, I lit the candle, raised the moonstone over it, and recited the incantation. I did it without even being aware of what I was doing...

And then, I closed my eyes. I instantly had a vision. It was so clear, it felt like I was actually there. I noticed my surroundings... they felt very familiar.

I never said this before (because there was no need at the time), but I have had a recurring daydream of a beautiful place ever since I was very little; wide fields of green grass, beautiful skies, and pine trees surrounding the open plains. In the middle of all of it is this beautiful tree (it sort of looks like the tree of life from Disney's animal kingdom, but it's MUCH bigger and it has no carvings in it). I always have this day dream when I 'want to escape reality' so to speak, but It's always in my head, always just a dream.

Well, the point of it is, that place is the place I was in in my vision.

It was so strange... I could feel the wind, I could hear the 'silence' of a beautiful serene forest...

I didn't know what to make of it. So, I wandered around for a bit, and then I realized that there was something on the tree that was never there before in my day dreams. It was a door.

Obviously, I was curious, so I opened it. Inside was a place where all of this machinery was operating (and no...it wasn't like the keebler elves tree house...it was like the door teleported me into another place). I started to look around the area, but I couldn't keep focus for some reason. I started to lose consciousness.

The last thing I remember was a large ocean, and the eyes of a beautiful woman overlapping the image.

When I finally 'came back to earth', I realized that the candle flame was now over 6 inches, and stretching out like a line.

As I went to blow it out, my hand went over to the paper from before, and started scribbling out something. I asked if it was my name aloud, and the candle flame went up and down, like it had it's own life force...

I looked at the scribble, and I noticed that it had 'darker parts' in it, like someone wanted me to 'connect the dots'

It spelled out a word I have never even heard of.

Sunadon.

I thought to myself, "This couldn't possibly be my name. It doesn't make any sense."

But there was something odd about the way it was written. It was spaced out, like this: Suna don

So, yet again, something told me to look up each word individually.

When I found out the definition of each word, I fell out of my chair.

Suna:
Japanese for sand. close relations to gritty substances and minerals.

Don:
1. (initial capital letter) Mr.; Sir: a Spanish title prefixed to a man's given name.
2. (in Spanish-speaking countries) a lord or gentleman.
3. (initial capital letter) an Italian title of address, esp. for a priest.
4. a person of great importance.
5. (in the English universities) a head, fellow, or tutor of a college.
6. (in the Mafia) a head of a family or syndicate.

If you knew me in real life, you would be laughing as to how these two words describe me perfectly.

So now, I really think that this is my true name. At first, I was kind of startled as to how perfectly all of the pieces aligned, but I guess this is just the icing on the cake for my strange, paranormal week...

With that, I leave off with two questions that I need answered by people who are experienced in this field:

1. What did my vision mean? Why did it fell like I was actually there?

2. Is Sunadon even a name? Or could it be something else, but I misinterpreted it?

Thank you all for reading this incredibly long, uncoordinated post. I'm sort of discombobulated at the moment.

I wish everyone the best for helping me find myself.
-Seeker Gray-

"Intolerance is evidence of impotence."
Aleister Crowley
Addicus

Post by Addicus »

Well, I'm not an expert, but I am very happy for your experience. I am going to answer a question with a question in hopes of providing an answer.(I hope that made sense)

Why can't Sunadon be a name? I mean, first of all, all names have to originate somewhere. Either it wasn't a name until now, or it was a name and still is. Either way, if you feel that this is what was given to you during your divining, then I would go with it. From what I can tell, it seems to have a special meaning to you, and hun, that all that really matters. So, congratulations if you do feel and decide that this is your true name!

I'm not to sure what I can tell you that would be useful about the vision of the field and tree. The only thing I would say is, experiment. If you have such easy access like you decribed, I would try performing spells in this environment. I would also try to explore it more.

Blessings
-Wynter
~Peace, Love, and Gummy Bears~
SugarCharmz
Location: Dancing with the sugarplums in the chocolate river.

Post by SugarCharmz »

Woooooooooooooooooooooooow.......

:shock:

I'm sorry that I can't give a better reply, but my eyes, really, got as big as the little smily's eyes as i was reading this. That's really cool!!
~*~Angi~*~

~*~*~*~*~
"There is no greatness where there is not simplicity, goodness, and truth." ~Leo Tolstoy
~*~*~*~*~
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

I agree. It must be your name. After that experience, wow! That must have been very exciting!
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
Blazewind

Post by Blazewind »

What an amazing expeirience. That is so cool. I think Suna Don is a great name too.
Blazewind

The only truely stupid question is the one that no one had the nerve to ask.
SeekerGray

Post by SeekerGray »

Thank you for all of your warm responses. First of all, I'm happy that people actually believe me, because if somebody told me this and I didn't go through the experience first hand, I would have thought they were nuts (of course, this was the 'me' a few months ago)

@Addicus: You know, you are right. A name is a name, regardless of how it looks or sounds. It's just that, it's one of those names that can be said multiple ways, and most of those ways sound odd to me (By the way, I am 100% sure it's pronounced Tsu-nuh-done, which is perfectly fine).

@SugarCharmz: I actually woke up this morning thinking all of it was a crazy dream, until I realized that it was written in my journal. I sort of know how you feel.

@EarthWitch: It was the sort of excitement one must feel when one goes skydiving for the first time.

Thank you all for your kind words. I think I will stick with this name. After all, it was from the god and goddess.
-Seeker Gray-

Aleister Crowley
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

Trying to find the meaning of a word or name on the internet is an exercise in futility. There are so many languages out there your bound to find "A" meaning. The question, is that the meaning you want?

If it's a true name, you won't need search for a meaning as you will already know it.

If indeed this is your soul name, you should not be advertising it.
Just as you don't share the location and combination to a safe with just anybody on the street, you should never share your soul name.
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
Rob899

Post by Rob899 »

Impressive. After an experience like this, I would go with my gut really.
I would say the answers are in you.
Robert
Addicus

Post by Addicus »

Watersheild that is just your beleif though(maybe with others). Thats the beauty of it, everyone is entitled to do and think how they please.

Seeker, if you felt it was right to share your name with us, then thats perfectly acceptable and up to you. :p

Blessings
-Wynter
~Peace, Love, and Gummy Bears~
SeekerGray

Post by SeekerGray »

Oh, I wasn't advertising it on purpose. It's just that some people said to keep it a secret, and some people said to share it. Since others have already done it on here, I was just under the impression that you could do it.

Ahck! I wish there were universal laws for everything! It's so confusing as to what to do at times.
-Seeker Gray-

Aleister Crowley
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

Again, it's up to you whether to share your name or not. Some do, some don't. I don't believe it makes a difference in the big scheme of things. The Goddess/God knows who we are...hehe You have been given a great name!
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
SeekerGray

Post by SeekerGray »

@everyone: Thank you. I'm just going to have to remember not to throw it around like a regular name again... after all, it is my real name.

@watershield: Yes, there are many meanings to different words, but...I don't really know how to explain it; it was like I was guided as to what each name meant. I have never seen those sites I was guided to, and I never read the books I was guided to, and yet, I turned to the exact parts and pages that had the information I needed on them.

Anyway, the point of it is I have my real name, I know it is mine, I had my doubts until I physically saw it, and I was really excited and sort of spacey yesterday. I didn't realize before that it is a precious combination to a lock, and it shouldn't be given out to just anybody. Now that I do, I will definitely keep it safe.
-Seeker Gray-

Aleister Crowley
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

Then hold it close my friend
Or scream it from the roof tops if thats what you want to do

One mans treasure is another mans trash

Don't feel sorry that you let people know your name. Rather understand how special it is.
But then, that is just my opinion (and 40 + years of experince)
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
SugarCharmz
Location: Dancing with the sugarplums in the chocolate river.

Post by SugarCharmz »

Why NOT show your real name to everybody? Why go under your parent-given name if you don't like it or don't feel ok with it? I'm sorry, but i don't understand why your special name must be hidden. Isn't it just a name? I must sound so stupid, but i really don't know. >.< I think Suna Don is a really cool name!! :D
~*~Angi~*~

~*~*~*~*~
"There is no greatness where there is not simplicity, goodness, and truth." ~Leo Tolstoy
~*~*~*~*~
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Moonstone is a stone which if used in connection with the Moon as a planet, could produce visions just as the one you described. I've had similar experiences early in my Wiccan path, 2 very unusual visions like that...it could happen again...but only if you want or need it to. :D

Another thought...Moonstone used in association with the Moon would make a nice charging spell for a guidance pendulum. A guidance pendulum is one used or charged specifically for asking questions. But it could still work with a map also (map dowsing)...but only would respond to a specific question about where something is located (held over a map). You would do best if going to charge one with the spell...either use one carved of Moonstone or a plain metal type. Obsidian or Black Onyx carved pendulum can be used with a white candle/East too for charging. But not any Moonstone needed for them to be charged.
Cherokeewind

Return to “For Everyone”