Natural way to relieve headaches?

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Ashleigh

Natural way to relieve headaches?

Post by Ashleigh »

I often suffer from mild to moderate headaches and I find that Advil and Tylenol either make me drowsy or make nauseous.

I live in a small village that is almost 100% Christian so I do not have easy access to herbal stores or anything of that sort.

I'm looking for something that will alleviate the headaches and can be found in most common kitchens, like a kind of food spice/herb or something of that nature.

Any help with this would be great.
LUNAAMOR

Post by LUNAAMOR »

http://www.home-herb-garden.com/headacheherbs.html
i just scan this page and it seems pretty good
"Light up the Darkness" Bob Marley
Ashleigh

Post by Ashleigh »

Thank you very much. There are a few things in there that I will be able to do to help my headaches.

I really appreciate the help. ^_^
LUNAAMOR

Post by LUNAAMOR »

no problem you can also google it
just type down herbs to help relieve headaches and you will find many websites
bb
luna
"Light up the Darkness" Bob Marley
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

The very first thing you need to do Ashleigh is determine what causes your headaces. Do you know?
Have you made a note of when you get headaches and what you were doing prior to getting them?
If not I strongly recommend that you do....most of the time headaches can be prevented in our day to day lives and prevention is better than cure.
Once you have established the cause then we can go about the preventing and helping.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

Lemon juice always cures my headaces, they sell like bottles of lemon juice for putting on fish and stuff, works just as well as a fresh lemon, and it only looks like you like lemon on your fish, rather then magickal herbal healing.
Ashleigh

Post by Ashleigh »

I think just the level of noise in my house and lack of water and sleep are big factors.

I go entire days without drinking anything other than a coffee in the morning sometimes. This is because I have a paralyzing fear of public washrooms and drinking anything at school means I run the risk of having to use a public washroom. I always have a coffee however, because I'm addicted to caffeine and get searing headaches if I don't have it.

I don't sleep a lot, because I have a lot of anxiety which stops me from sleeping. I suffer from completely random panic attacks which get worse at night because it's quiet and that makes me jumpy and uneasy. Usually, I can't fall asleep on my own and have to watch a movie to fall asleep to. When I do sleep, I get nightmares but my dreamcatcher helps a lot with those.

As for the noise, during the day I'm at school where it's noisy and then I come home where it's noisy, so I'm used to constant noise; however, it may put a strain on my head.

There's a lot of things that could be causing these headaches: lack of water; lack of sleep; too much noise; anxiety; caffeine.
Suppose;

Post by Suppose; »

I have a Rosemary plant named Mary Jane (yes, I named it) and I've found that it's calming and pleasant aroma helps tremendously when I have a headache. Better than any medicine I've taken.
SeekerGray

Post by SeekerGray »

Suppose; wrote:I have a Rosemary plant named Mary Jane (yes, I named it) and I've found that it's calming and pleasant aroma helps tremendously when I have a headache. Better than any medicine I've taken.
I just had to comment on the nick name. It's so amazing. ;D

I'll have to try the aroma of rosemary for myself sometime.
-Seeker Gray-

"Intolerance is evidence of impotence."
Aleister Crowley
Suppose;

Post by Suppose; »

I don't know if it's just me, or if other people have had this reaction to Rosemary. I've never really looked into it, but I have rosemary massage oil which is a wonderful thing or I just pick a leaf off and rub it between my hands and under my nose. (Kind of like the Vix Vapor Rub)
Faerie Laedie

Post by Faerie Laedie »

I suffer from migraines and found that eliminating caffeine from my diet helped. I also have a large green flourite stone that I put on my forhead and lay down. It sucks the pain right out of my head.

I know that's not kitchen magick but wanted to post it in case it helps you.
Suppose;

Post by Suppose; »

And in my case, caffeine usually helps my headaches/migraines.
ennister

Post by ennister »

My french friend used to make this warm drink for headaches and the like. Basically garlic, ginger, lemon is boiling water, sweetend with honey. This was before I started looking into herbal stuff, in any case this recipe has stuck with me since :)
beans

Post by beans »

I know this post is a bit old, but I must say one thing. Our herbal practices and home remedies are great, but if this is a recurring problem, see a doctor and/or chiropractor please. Pain is a warning to us that something is not right, and if you can't fix it by increasing your fluid intake, meditation to releive stress, yoga to relax the body ect. there may be something larger at work here.

beans
BondageGoddess98

Post by BondageGoddess98 »

i don't know if i can post this but i heard sex works too for head aches at least that's what my husband said. :oops:
Chocolate works for me though that or Tylenol.
Gloria

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”