Food... What is your diet like? Vegetarian? Carnivore?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
twilight

Post by twilight »

I'm Vegeterian

I have been for about 6 months, I was never a big fan of meat anyway so it's easy for me.
Mycroft
Banned Member

Post by Mycroft »

I'm not really a vegetarian, but I prefer veggies over meat. I really don't go out of the way to eat anything (an exception is chocolate). You can't find a lot of vegetarians where I live and I'm not sure people know the meaning of Vegan lol. I'm more of a sweets person than anything else. When it comes to picking though I choose vegetables.
The only meat I do eat is chicken (opposite to other animals, I hate chicken).
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

EarthWitch wrote:Hedgewitch, was it your choice to become vegeratian?
Completely my choice, which is the way it should be for everyone.
lucy_san_elfenlied

Post by lucy_san_elfenlied »

Well...I LOVE seafood! I can't stop eating it! I love sushi also! For meat...I eat cow, pig, chicken, turkey, and ostridge. Anything else I don't eat. I like tofu also!
applepolice

Post by applepolice »

The only meat I eat is fish, and then only sometimes when I'm craving protein. I recognize that meat is a perfectly natural part of the human diet, but I just can't bring myself to eat it. I don't really eat eggs either, nor do I like milk (it freaks me out). I don't have a problem with others who eat meat (though I do think the conditions under which those animals are raised is horrible -- organic, free-range, grain/vegetable fed is the way to go!), I just can't do it myself.
-Elizabeth

Duch chętny, lecz ciało mdłe.
mysterychild

Post by mysterychild »

Definately a carnivore. Although I'm really picky about my meat. I only eat chicken breasts and steak. Strange, yes, but I just don't trust ground meat.

I had a bad experience when I was little with a piece of bone......anyway, that's another story. So carnivore for me, but a very careful one.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

The misconception that vegetarians/vegans don't eat enough protein is just that....a misconception.

The majority of westerners diets contain far too much protein as it is and too much protein is just as bad for you as not enough.

I find it quite interesting that the biggest animals we have walking this planet are ALL herbivores - if it's good enough for them then it's good enough for me.

:D
[AmberRose13]

Post by [AmberRose13] »

There was a study done that your blood type ties in to the way you eat. I don't remember much about it... should probably look it up.

I have been it all.
When I was born, my parents were macrobiotic. Then Vegan, when I was 4. Then they went to vegetarian until I was in 5th grade. They slowly introduced chicken and fish into our diets, and eventually started to eat everything.
The reason they changed was my mother developed a soy and gluten allergy. Back then, there wasn't much you could do. Now my mom and sister eat red meat rarely, stick with tofu, chicken, and fish and only eat spelt bread etc. My dad eats anything as long as its organic, and I tend to not eat meat because I just don't really like the taste. Every now and then I'll eat a brisket at Passover, :) And I LOVE sushi.

- Amberrose
"Sometimes the measure of friendship isn't your ability to not harm but your capacity to forgive the things done to you and ask forgiveness for your own mistakes."
- R.K. Milholland
Makbawehuh
Banned Member

Post by Makbawehuh »

I eat just about anything people put in front of me. I avoid barbecue sauce, meatloaf, and sometimes spicy foods. The last, only because it gives me major league heartburn. The barbecue sauce and meatloaf are just things i don't care for... But if someone else makes it and it's all that's there, I will eat it without a word of complaint.

The only thing I've ever found that I will not touch with a ten foot pole is head cheese. It just grosses me out.

Favorite food? Steak. Lots of it, as close to raw as warm all the way through and charred on the outside will let it be.

Edit: I also do not eat ham or other smoked foods, and apple juice. They give me massive headaches. >.<
~St. Makupuff the Awesome~

"The human race will begin solving it's problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously." – Malaclypse the Younger

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it.
Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.

-Holy Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1 (Principia Discordia)
Eireayne

Meat

Post by Eireayne »

Part of the Carnivore club. And I love plants, so I refuse to eat veggies. :) Kidding of course, I like my steak AND my salad too. I just really like eating in general.
Makbawehuh
Banned Member

Post by Makbawehuh »

Eating is good... Yummeh yummeh food.....
~St. Makupuff the Awesome~

"The human race will begin solving it's problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously." – Malaclypse the Younger

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it.
Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.

-Holy Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1 (Principia Discordia)
brokenxdreams

Post by brokenxdreams »

Vegetarian for a couple of years. I LOVE meat, but I just can't seem to bring myself to eating it.
witch505

Post by witch505 »

I eat anything and everything.

Except for red meat. and... and tofu. Bleh!!
I don't like peas either. and I don't eat junk food.

So, basically I eat things from the sea, occasionally chicken. Milk, cheese, yogurt. No eggs. Poor baby chicks! and lots of fruits and veggies!

Oh, and bread and pasta. and rice.

I just feel guilty eating cow... I love cows.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Wow, it's really interesting to see all the carnivores here... I honestly thought there'd be more Vegetarians than there seems to be. :28:

I've been a vegetarian since I was about 10 or 11, with the exception of the time I was pregnant -I did go back to meat then because I was very low income at that time and could simply not afford to eat right as it was, let alone as a vegetarian... so in the best interest of my daughter, I did eat it for about 6 of those 9 months & continued on a little while longer while nursing her.

I'm what they call a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian, meaning that I do not eat any animal flesh nor products of that nature (ie. gelatin), but I do eat dairy: eggs, cheese & milk. (but not a lot of milk: never did like the stuff). My husband is a very strict carnivore & my daughter actually wants to be more like me, so we have an odd household. I'm just glad she wants to try all my meat-less meats, so she can hopefully develop a fondness for the stuff like I did at her age.

From my perspective, I simply can't justify having an animal killed so I can have it on my plate. My husband, the meat-eating advocate, does often try to convince me that I'm nuts for making this choice, and really he does have some valid points: (but I still don't listen to him)... He says we are hunters, shown if nothing else by our anatomy: eyes in the front of our heads (ever looked at a rabbit versus a wolf?), and we have canine teeth, meant for tearing through meat & piercing skin. (where I remind him that we also have excess body hair that, granted, was helpful in the caveman days for maintaining warmth, but we've definitely evolved past that point and past a point where armpit hair is a necessity to survive, so not all our remaining traits present in our ancestors means that we're supposed to be using them to this day)... and I tell him we've evolved enough now that we can make these choices for ourselves and live well either way... and then he tells me that if not for our ancestors hunting and eating meat, they would have remained protein deficient at that time and thus, most likely, their brains would not have grown and advanced to such an extent that we'd be capable of making any decisions today.

*AK!* It's a no-win situation with him, but hey- it's funny none the less! At least we'll still have something to talk about when we're old and gray(er), right? :28:

~BB~
[RedWolf]

Post by [RedWolf] »

A happy, healthy omnivore here :D

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”