The Four New Ages

Discussion of Reincarnation, Afterlife, Life-Between-Lives (LBL)...
[cherokeewind]

The Four New Ages

Post by [cherokeewind] »

There is an ancient Indian prophesy given by the White Buffalo Woman. The prophesy describes how each time we enter a new age, the waters will rise a significant amount...but every year the water level comes up a slight bit, not much until the time of a new age. This is a Lakota legend about how Native Americans got the peace pipe which goes back to over 3,000 years BC. At one time a land bridge connected Alaska with Europe.

"Look at this pipe," said White Buffalo Woman. "Its stone represents the buffalo, but also the flesh and blood of the red man. The buffalo represents the universe and the four directions, because he stands on four legs, for the four ages of man. The buffalo was put in the west by Wakan Tanka at the making of the world, to hold back the waters. Every year he loses one hair, and in every one of the four ages he loses a leg. The Sacred Hoop will end when all the hair and legs of the great buffalo are gone, and the water comes back to cover the Earth.

The water is held back by the power of the 4 directions. White Buffalo Calf is associated with Earth power and the North. :wink:
Cherokeewind
Tigerlily*

Post by Tigerlily* »

Very interesting...thanks for sharing that with all of us.
LUNAAMOR

Post by LUNAAMOR »

woooww :o
really interesting
stormer89

Post by stormer89 »

wow that kinda makes you think. i like that perspective on things though.
peace and love and blessed be
~ * ~ stormer ~ * ~
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Thanks, one of the main reasons for sharing is...it was deleted out of most Internet versions of the legend. You can understand why people might want to do that, but it applies to the present time we live in...let us bring it out into the open where the public can read something important. :)
Cherokeewind
stormer89

Post by stormer89 »

i like reading native american prophecies. i think theyre really intresting. do you have any books or websites on them to reccomend?
peace and love and blessed be
~ * ~ stormer ~ * ~
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

stormer89 wrote:i like reading native american prophecies. i think theyre really intresting. do you have any books or websites on them to reccomend?
Can't really recommend any sites...most legends are so edited there isn't much left. I do collect them from sites owned by Native Americans when I see them. I have posted a link to a page with some under the thread Warriors of the Rainbow.
http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/f ... php?t=8308
Cherokeewind
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

thanks im part mohawk i heard mohawk phopecy also talking about the great flood to come
bennyjet

Check it out!!!

Post by bennyjet »

cool very cool indeed...
This is my Mountain!.This is my River! and these are my people!
I had to return!!!
[cherokeewind]

Re: Check it out!!!

Post by [cherokeewind] »

bennyjet wrote:cool very cool indeed...
This is my Mountain!.This is my River! and these are my people!
I had to return!!!
Yeah...I've been "keep coming back too" so, great point there! :D
Cherokeewind

Return to “Reincarnation & the Afterlife”