as an empath...

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
shadow_walker143

as an empath...

Post by shadow_walker143 »

i find it all but impossible to live in my apartment complex. it is a large complex, and the constant press of people are really wearing on my nerves. does anyone here know of any good shielding techniques that may help me? i do shield, but things get through sometimes. (especially when i am really tired or stressed, which i am ashamed to say is almost all the time at this time.)
[img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/shadow97702/ksiezyce.jpg[/img]
RainWizard

Post by RainWizard »

Heh I know how u feel. Being an empath sucks! I never was all that good with sheilding techniques I just trained my mind not to care so much about ppl anymore. One day something finally clicked and I just didn't give a damn anymore. I was like to hell with u bastards I'm done with u all! I finally got tired of it and shut the damn thing off. I still pick up empathic vibrations but its more controlled now..

As far as sheilding techniques, I had an astral temple with a pentagram and circle on the floor that I would sit in and energize.. but that was usually for raising energy during meditation and grounding, I really know that much about sheilding. There's a book that has been recommended to me several times over on this board and others that u might want to get yer hands on if u can find a copy. Its called The Art of Psychic Self Defense by Dion Fortune. I never read it myself but it might have what yer looking for.
shadow_walker143

thanks for your reply, i will have to find that book...
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Hello Shadow-Walker,

When I want protection from the psychic or physical energies of another, I simply visualize a white light that surrounds my entire body. I mentally create the bright energy circle around me. At the same time, I usually move my hands up and down and around me, creating an "imaginary" circle around my body by using my hands. I have also shared another white light technique that I have heard of below, which is similar to what I use, only more detailed. I hope this is helpful to you.

Bright Blessings,

www.everythingunderthemoon.net

Psychic Shielding
White Light Shielding Technique

Psychic shielding is very important. Sometimes we “pick up” energy from other people, without knowing we are doing so. Their moods or emotions may “bleed over” onto us, leaving us feeling angry, sad, tired, depressed, or whatever they are feeling -and not knowing where this emotion came from. Also, sometimes people will deliberately send negative energy to us, even though that is a very bad thing which one should never do. Such negative energies cannot harm you, as long as you don’t let them in, but in daily life this is an unconscious process. To one skilled in magic and psychism however, this process is under one's direct conscious control. With psychic shielding we set the boundaries which keep out unwanted energy from others, but simultaneously strengthen our own Aura, or energy, keeping it healthy.

This exercise should be done daily, either when you go to bed or when get up, or as part of your daily psychic exercises.

Put yourself into a comfortable position and begin by releasing all tension and anxiety.

Visualize a ball of white light floating above you. Focus on the energy of the ball. Know that it is full of love and strength and peace. Try hard to FEEL these qualities in the energy of the ball.

Now let the energy from the ball of light begin to flow down into you. The energy is a beautiful, clear white light. No matter how much light comes into you, the ball will remain equally strong for its true origin is the Goddess and it is a source of boundless spiritual energy.

Let the energy from the ball pour into you and flow throughout your body. Let it move out into your arms and legs, down into your fingers and toes.

Now let that light expand beyond your body. At first see the light expand just an inch out from your body. Now let it expand a little more -two inches, four inches... Let the light expand to form an oval around your whole body --an oval filled with clear, beautiful, loving white light from God/Goddess.

Now let that oval of white light expand to form a perfect circle of energy around you, expanding until it is about six feet across.

Now, in your mind affirm this:

“There is one power in the Universe, and I am a perfect manifestation of that power. As such I will that the boundaries of my aura shall be strong and healthy, repelling all unwanted energy while remaining open to positive and healing energy. Safe within these boundaries nothing can harm me, for I am filled with the strength of the Goddess. By my will, so mote it be, and it is so.”

Now let the visual image of the light dissipate, but know that its protection and strength remain with you.

Now clear and release all excess energy.

I hope you find this technique helpful.
shadow_walker143

thank you so much for that tip. that is not unlike the way i use to shield normaly, i can just incorperate that into my morning meditations... thanks
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

There is a show called "Psychic Kids" that you may find interesting. I contacted Travis Sanders, one of the psychic kids from the show (he is 19 now) and he will be answering questions and giving advice to members of Everything Under the Moon. I will likely introduce him through the newsletter so if you haven't signed up for that yet, you may want to. I haven't figured out all the details yet since I just watched the show and wrote to him tonight, but he is interested in helping people through the site so stay tuned for more from Travis. His website is Psychic Travis Sanders and here is Travis Sanders' MySpace Page.

Bright Blessings,
RainWizard

Post by RainWizard »

Wow.. THAT should be interesting..
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Yeah, I'm really glad he decided to help out. I get overwhelmed sometimes with the amount of people that need advice. I want to help more people but I feel that I can't do it all alone. So it will be great to have someone else who can take some of the load, especially someone who is such a bright spirit. He is a very advanced soul. I was just so impressed with his attitude when I saw him on TV that I had to contact him. I was so pleased that he wrote right back to me and agreed to help! So if you have friends that you feel would be interested in that kind of thing, let them know about it.

Bright Blessings,
shadow_walker143

very cool, thanks for all of your advice...
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

By the way, Travis is here now, answering questions on the board in his "Ask Travis" forum.

Bright Blessings,

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”