Yes, I'm bitching again.

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
Wolf*

Yes, I'm bitching again.

Post by Wolf* »

Okay, seriously. The other night, 3 hours in meditation, relaxing, my mind quiet, gently willing myself to AP....and not a goddamned thing. I come so close it seems, I feel my astral body, and I see like, I suppose you could say "flashes" into the astral plane. But I can't move, its like no matter how close I come, my astral body is metaphorically chained to my physical one. I've tried everything. "Rolling out of the body", "pulling up from a rope", "floating out", everything. Nothing seems to work, I'm just stuck in my body.

Can I get any tips or anything?
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Robert Peterson, a noted author on Astral projection, suggests that when we are ready physically, spiritually and emotionally only then will we be ready to experience APing. I think this is a good mindset to take on board. Chances are your frustrations are interfering with you taking the next step. Try not to be impatient and just go with it. The more you practice the better it will be for you.
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

just try not to force it but enjoy those flashes in the astral plane,

let yourself become familliar with it, i am also at your stage (finally) but i am also able to move in it, i just flunk out very fast though :P

but let it come at it's own pace, and DONT force it
kai

Post by kai »

You might already know it, but if you have even a slightest fear of projection, you might not be able to do it, you have to overcome that fear first.
[Kai]
Kim

Post by Kim »

:shock: I would love to astral project. I wish that I could, but I've never really came close! :x
Listen to the sound of silence.
HuntinOwl

lucid

Post by HuntinOwl »

I can only say what I feel that I think I know>> Lucid state of mind whether asleep or meditative CAN and will give you what your looking for. Practice forming the place where you wish or want to be, (while meditating) think of the path you would take to get there (streets, hills) think about the trees you 'll pass creeks and such and your A-Body will be there. In your dreams A-Projection happens by it's self.
[Obsidian]

Post by [Obsidian] »

I remember vaguely reading somewhere that some people are able to separate when they begin to start pushing their astral body between the eyes where the third eye is. I myself have never even managed to sit still for three hours, not even mentioning meditating for this long.

Harry
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

When you start feeling the vibration, you have to relax more, rather than start forcing. You let go of the body.
sunstoneleo

Post by sunstoneleo »

There is this online class i have been taking at AstralSource.com, and they have actually had interviews with the author of that book, which is way cool to me. Yet, I have been a bit slacking on the program......
Jasamine Jackdaw

Post by Jasamine Jackdaw »

jcrowfoot wrote:When you start feeling the vibration, you have to relax more, rather than start forcing. You let go of the body.
Yes - or go with the vibrations/roaring/outside pushing you etc.

Just go with it.

You'll know when it happens, there's no mistaking it.
Blake Goode

Re: Yes, I'm bitching again.

Post by Blake Goode »

Wolf wrote:I've tried everything. "Rolling out of the body", "pulling up from a rope", "floating out", everything. Nothing seems to work, I'm just stuck in my body.

Can I get any tips or anything?
If you are continuing to pursue this, I would suggest trying to forget about what you have heard or read about AP, and when you are in this meditation just relax and let your imagination go. Imagine your consciousness flying about and what you might see and focus your attention into the third eye and just enjoy the scenery that might come to you.

Don't focus on leaving your body, but imagine yourself wherever that you want to be. Practice feeling the amazing feeling of freedom and joy. Acting "as if" is a very powerful technique.
gothic

Post by gothic »

Relax and Enjoy... :)

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”