Meditation question on quiting the thoughts.

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Pixie 89

Meditation question on quiting the thoughts.

Post by Pixie 89 »

Whats the best way to quiet the thoughts in the mind while mediting?
Yours truly,
*Pixie*
Release.the.bats
Banned Member

Post by Release.the.bats »

I imagine falling up, into space.
And sorta, flying through the cosmos.
Or falling into sound.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

A technique I always used was actually mentally visualizing and then literally hearing (in my mind) a fog horn, as I try to slip off into meditation.

I'd start out mentally visualizing myself on land, then stepping into the boat that was floating freely from one side of "somewhere" to a different "somewhere" ....and as I was bobbing around in the water and in the fog, the fog-horn was blowing often, and I was also aware of the sounds of splashing water on the sides of the boat I was inhabiting. Perhaps try visualizing yourself somewhere and hear the sounds that accompany it while you're there... maybe you prefer a field of flowers, or an oceanside...?

Ooh, here's another one I used to love to mentally visit- I called it my "rose garden" -I'd lay in the very tall grass, on my back and be blinded by the sunlight (again, so as to not see where I'm going as I try to get off into my meditative state), and I'd actually hear the sound of the grass growing up toward the sun, stretching and reaching... the flowers too... and some distant birds chirping; the wind gently rustling through some trees....

The more sounds you incorporate into your road to meditation, the less you're thinking about real-life things, and the more you're helping to make your meditative world vividly real. :grin:

(Dang, I had actually forgotten about these places of mine... I think I need to take some time quiet tonight and visit them again... thank you for asking this question to remind me of them once again!)
:wink: :28:

~Bright Blessings~
Pixie 89

Post by Pixie 89 »

<font color="purple">Sure thing Moon Stone! :wink:
Yours truly,
*Pixie*

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”