Wiccan Wedding

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
andreagoth

Wiccan Wedding

Post by andreagoth »

I was born into a Catholic family. So the only wedding rituals I know of are Catholic.
I've never been married before so I am kinda freaking out about preparations.
I'm Wiccan and my fiance is a Christian but he is very open minded and he wants me to plan whatever kind of wedding I want.
The thing is, I don't know how to plan a wedding, let a lone a Wiccan wedding.
I've read articles about hand-fasting.
I'm not in a rush. We were thinking of getting married before he gets deployed (He is training to be an Army Ranger), probably mid to end of next year.
I just don't know what to get, what to do and what do I tell people when I invite them to the wedding?
We might get married in Tennessee and I don't know if there are any nice locations there since I've never been there.
I love daisies and I have a vision of myself walking through a field of wild daisies, barefoot with my hair dancing in the wind. :)
I'm just really clueless.
Any advice?

P.S. Did I post this in the right part of the forum? I'm not sure. Feel free to move if I'm wrong. :)
[SnowRaven]

Post by [SnowRaven] »

Congrats!

The great thing is that your wedding is YOUR wedding! Try not to worry about pleasing or upsetting anyone but you and your fiancé. And an outside wedding would be gorgeous and blend the two faiths w/o drawing too fine a point to the differences.

http://www.tennesseebridal.com/local/te ... -sites.asp

The officiant you choose will help you edit the ceremony itself to your liking [I had mine drop the Obey crap!] and perhaps you might incorporate the 'tying of your hands together' as part of the secular ceremony. It could take the place of the whole unity candle thing....
andreagoth

Post by andreagoth »

Thank you so much!
Though We probably won't have the ceremony until next year. He's busy with training and traveling.
I want to get a head start coz I really have no idea what the heck I'm doing. Hahahaha!
JackRabbitSlims

Post by JackRabbitSlims »

Www.Handfasting.info

:)

I'm in the same boat as you! When are you getting married?

Witchvox.com
Will help you find legally qualified high priests and priestess's in your area. :)
.You are Beautiful.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”