do you have a daily ritual?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
astral

do you have a daily ritual?

Post by astral »

This is something I am working on as a beginner. I do a short meditation in the a.m. and food consecretions during the day. At night, another short meditation.

What do you do that helps you stay connected to your energy and spiritualism?

How often do you cast spells?

astral
seeking wisdom on a new path

jbp4hs
AP670
Banned Member

Post by AP670 »

Yeah, it's called a cigarette, usually smoked while checking the forums first thing in the morning....Now wheres that thread about a ritual to quit...
NightRose
Banned Member

Re: do you have a daily ritual?

Post by NightRose »

Oh, I have a daily ritual that goes something like this: wake up, throw alarm clock, zombie-walk to the kitchen and get coffee. Start day. :)

I'm working on that, though. I recently found a book on Ayurveda that has been fascinating me, and they have some suggestions for morning exercises and meditation (pretty similar to yoga) that I've been considering adopting into my morning routine (though maybe after the coffee part...)

At night, I do a long prayer where I basically call my Goddess, thank her for all the things that went well in my day, and ask her advice or blessings on things that went wrong or for people that need help. This is followed by either collapsing to sleep or by meditation. Though, all too often lately, it's been just collapse, and I'm really suffering for it.
astral

Post by astral »

That's a nice p.m. ritual Belinda!

How well I remember the days of smoking. I still miss it sometimes.

jbp4hs
Alicat
Banned Member

Post by Alicat »

evanlie

Post by evanlie »

i'm way too tired/hit snooze too many times to be able to do anything other than zombie it to the shower in the morning...

but, when work is over, i like to go for a walk and think about how much i love the outdoors, maybe say a little prayer thanking the goddess for how beautiful nature is.

then after i get into bed i do my little protection ritual - but i love the idea of asking advice before bed! good one nightrose! i may take a note from you and add to my nightly thing!
astral

Post by astral »

Thanks for letting me know what you do - I am gathering some great ideas here.

I do yoga but have started to get interested in Qigong. I tried a couple of exercises on youtube and they do seem to help me connect to the physical energy around me.

Journaling and appreciating nature are both awesome- thanks again.

astral

jbp4hs
moon_wolf

Post by moon_wolf »

pardon my ignorence but what is qigong
Alicat
Banned Member

Post by Alicat »

[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

atheist of peace wrote:Yeah, it's called a cigarette, usually smoked while checking the forums first thing in the morning....Now wheres that thread about a ritual to quit...
LOL Mine goes about like that...only I have to first have someone turn on my light (my room is PITCH black no matter what time of day it is and if light doesn't reach my eyes I won't wake up no matter how many times that alarm goes off!) Then I get up, smoke a cigarette, get on Facebook, open another tab, get on the forum. Now at night I usually do a meditation for repelling negative energies, and that's about it.
astral

Post by astral »

Dispelling negative energy at night sounds like a good idea - as if it would be very peaceful.

moonwolf - do checkout out one of the youtubes for qigong - it's kind of hard to explain. It may sound unlikely, but it does feel like it makes me aware of the physical energy around my body.

astral

jbp4hs
Alicat
Banned Member

Post by Alicat »

astral

Post by astral »

That's awesome - I checked out the link! I like to write/journal but never thought of incorporating the elements into this - very helpful.

astral

jbp4hs

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”