My Christian Friends Don't Accept Me

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Yeah, but the Bible specifically tells Christians to NOT hang out with people who are non-Christians. So if they are a true Christian, they'll drop you like a hot potato when they realize they can't convert you. Their God tells them too. Friendship usually doesn't rule over what God says, sorry to say.

celticwave

Post by celticwave »

Well, it really depends what you define as a 'true' christian, because really, the bible has been 'edited' so many times, it's pretty much changed from the foundations of the true beliefs. I mean it is ridiculous to tell people who they can and cannot be friends with, and i think that true chrisitians are the ones who are kind enough to stick to the 'true' and unchanged meaning, that of love, of helping others, and of caring for one another. I'm not chrisitian anymore, but most of my friends are.

Their god doesn't tell them to drop you, he tells them to befriend you. It's those bloody 'church leaders' that you gotta ignore!

Elyse
*~Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here we might aswell dance~*
dread_pirate_steele

Post by dread_pirate_steele »

what the Bible means by that is- if someones doing something bad (non believer ect..) you shouldnt hang out with them, because you'd catch on to doing whatever they are doing (whatever sin) and God wouldnt like that now, would he?

point: pick good friends.
-Lee
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Ya, I'd kind of recommend a blend of all the advice here- you don't want to necessarily lie, but speaking your mind and letting those who want to remain your friends stay around... that's not the best suggestion for a teenager either. If nothing else, you are opening yourself to having some serious problems with other people in your school/surroundings if the people that aren't okay with it hear about it. And dealing with school and peers is hard enough.
I'd give the advice that you know what you are, you know what you believe... you know what is true to your heart. That is really all that matters. If you are asked, give them the basics of what you believe (this is what I do)- like something about nature & its spirits. That you believe in the existence of something, but don't have a specific name for it. (That's a good way to explain it- there are so many different gods and goddesses, you really can't just pick one name...) That will satisfy the asker, having received some answer- and it will be true, but not too open, which will satisfy and benefit you. (Plus you still get to have that "mysterious" aura that boys love so much.) :28:
dread_pirate_steele

word up celtic. Jesus was friends with tax collectors and all these other people that most folk didnt approve of.
-Lee
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Hmmm... taxes even in the B.C. and early "C" years..?!?.. well that's just totally sad. They really aren't kidding when they say the two inevitable truths of life are death and taxes. You can get out of the 'death' thing, but dang.... THOSE TAXES !!!!!!!!! lol :shock:
dread_pirate_steele

yeah man, money sucks hard (and so do taxes) but without it things would be kinda crazy.
-Lee
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

i dunt think it would, i think it would be better, nothing to harper greed from, or 'loss' ur soul to..... have u seen the movie the villiage, well it would be like that.... onli less scary and probly better, coz no way am i trading mi mini skirt for one of those dresses!!! but still.... i think it would be kewlish if there wsnt money and people went bak to trading and things like that.
~willow~
~willow~

*blessed be*
~Merry meet, Merry part, til we Merry meet again~
dread_pirate_steele

without money we'd have some other trade standard..because we DO need a trade standard of some sort because we cant just walk into a store and take whatever we want..it cost the people to make it (materials, *workers*)

yeah, i wont go into too great of detail but i think you get it now.
-Lee
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

but that would be the point, there wouldnt be a shop..... i dunno.... it guess it was a stupid suggestion
~willow~

*blessed be*
~Merry meet, Merry part, til we Merry meet again~
dread_pirate_steele

meh its ok, you've learned something new and thats always good. most of the things that suck in this world- we need. like jobs..gah. dishwashing.. :cry:
-Lee
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

I know what Willow is saying-- take out the trading and go toward the Omish lifestyle... that'd be nice. Just reap what you sow.
Kentu The Runecaster

Re: friends

Post by Kentu The Runecaster »

molly wrote:MM
ok, I have a (slight) problem. My friends are strongly Christian to the bone, and can't understand why I want to be a Wiccan witch. How do I explain that I want this so I can help other people and not hurt anybody? They distrust my judgement and everything I say, they take as an insult - just because I'm not 'normal'.
I'm sort of a Goth as well - I like dressing in black, that's all. I have black lipstick - I odn't wear it much any more because of the looks I get down the street. I wear black clothes and a Celtic cross - what's wrong with that?
Why can't people accept me as who I am instead of what my interests are?
I'd love to hear about how you deal with this sort of treatment. Molly.
BB
If they can't accept you for who you are they aren't your friends, don't care what people think, wear the black lipstick, don't care what the people on the street think they hove closed minds, if you show who you are all the time people will respect you for it, I've made friends with people I would have never thought I'd talk to because I didn't hide who I was, so don't hide your self, maybe your friends will understand, just keep trying
katrebelNY

Post by katrebelNY »

hm I definitely know what you are going through. At my school...there are some "Bible Thumpers" (as i like to call them) and they are really cool people but oh my god if they invite me to their church one more time....I keep telling them I am NOT Christian. Do the ignorant little Christian radicals listen?! Of course...not.

So, I simply ignore them. I try my best to explain, but after so much explaining I just be who I want to be and let it go. If the people giving you a hard time about it are your friends and yet they still bug you, just shake them off and let them know very clearly that this is who you are and if they have a problem with it....okay just ask them if they need a tissue for their issue because you can't do anything about it. Heh-heh.

Kat

Return to “Teen Concerns”