Familars

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
5moons

Post by 5moons »

Xeph The Runecaster wrote:lol thats gotta be fun
No its not.
shadowcat*

Post by shadowcat* »

i have this adorable little hamster, she came into my life randomly, i didnt just go out and buy her. Whenever I hold her I feel safe and protected. I'm not sure if this means shes my familiar or not? :? any ideas anyone?
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Hi Shadowcat... well, she could be, but more often a physical familiar (a living one) is with you to offer aide in your craft work. Have you ever had your hamster out with you while doing some spell work? I can imagine that's probably pretty difficult as they tend to run all over the place, but if you can, I'd take her out of her cage and watch her while you do some workings. If she's interested or staying close to you, then I'd definitely say yes, she wants to act as your physical familiar in that respect. If not, then she's probably just a good friend; a soul that has returned to your life to give you that wonderful feeling you have when you are with her.

Either way, you're pretty lucky... mine just bites! :28:

~Blessed Be~
shadowcat*

Post by shadowcat* »

well i'll try taking her out see what happens (hopefully she wont try escape..she got lost once when she escaped). I hope she is my familiar coz i really want one
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Well Shadowcat, here's an idea to try (because usually when the hamsters get lost they get really lost....) I'd try to find a nice, big cardboard box, cut the top and bottom of it off so you can see what she's doing and if she's watching/interested in what you're doing, but still let her be on the carpet (or countertop) with you. That way she has some boundaries, but can still be "out" with you. (Much safer that way for the little critter... and I don't know how well a hamster ball would work for this....)

I hope it works out for you. Familiars are truly wonderful things to have in your life. You'll have to let us know how it turns out. :28:

~BB~

Return to “Animals and Pets”