Cats

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Leo*Moon

Post by Leo*Moon »

I have 6 cats....and they're all named after characters from The Godfather. blue_flee
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool. ~Shakespeare
White*wolf

Post by White*wolf »

My cat, Socks, is diabetic. He looks like he is wearing white socks on his paws, which is how he got his name. The next cat I get I'm going to name Bast [unless of course its a male].
-Jessica [aka Whitewolf]
[Chaz]

Post by [Chaz] »

Cute names for your kitties Matt!

We have Kiara (Key Ah Ra) and Willow Wisp for cats... Connor the dog, and Devhi, Ratonga and Shyy for rats.
[scifichick]

Post by [scifichick] »

moonlit wrote:My wonderfull evil amazing cats name is.. Osiris.. He thinks he rules the world lol.
My cat definitely thinks so. Her name is Gigi. My son named her after a witch's cat in a cartoon 'Kiki's delivery service'. Of course, after we named her turns out that you are supposed to spell it Jiji :D Oh, well. Our vet said that her behavior is that of a typical alpha cat. Basically, she attacks everyone who doesn't live in our house and just visits. She's sweet with me most of the times, only when she's annoyed she can grab me too.
Foxy_000

Post by Foxy_000 »

Those are cool names for cats Matt! Even though you've already named them I'll tell you my cats names anyway:
* Kind of cat
Tippy- Calico
Charlie- Russian Blue
Smokey- grey Persian
Wiskers- Russian Blue/ grey Persian
I used to have 16 cats 14 of them black- but they were outside cats (I don't live in a city), anyway they didn't really blend in with the snow in winter and yea... :cry:
I only remember 2 of the black cats names:
Oscar and *Sabrina*
and the 15th cat i had (Tippy was the 16th), was Tiger- he was orange and white.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

So many kitties! So I'm the odd one out -with the dogs.... but hey, I can blame it on my allergies, right? :28:
Aubrey Rose5

Post by Aubrey Rose5 »

well i didnt see this in time to choose a name but i had a black cat named ... skittles lolwe didnt pick it the origonal owners did and asked us not to change it so we didnt but we decided that skittles was just short for skitsofrenic (cant spell that) because my cat was skitso lol sadly these losers poisoned my cat and he died 11 days after my rabbit
love is not made by magick it comes only from the heart
Elem

Post by Elem »

I have four kitties - Tao, Berlioz, Tigger.. And the latest addition - Willow - Our new baby Bengal kitty :).

Ahh.. I have such a soft-spot for cats. I'm not sure why, I just love them :). Silly, selfish creatures that they are!

Elem
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Awww- well where are the pictures, Elem? :28:

I was actually watching a program last night about cats--- apparently women are far more attracted to cats (than dogs usually) because of their subconscious desire to "mother" ....and.... a cat actually is closest in symmetrical features to humans. That in combination with their larger heads than bodies makes them seem more like a human baby (the "cuteness" factor of babies is often also subconsciously observed as those features, bigger head than body, big eyes...) Weird stuff- never thought of it that way before, but I do see the point.

Now if I could just figure out how the autonomous nature and scratch-you-till-you-bleed is like a newborn....

:wink:

~BB~
Doe

Post by Doe »

I have 2 cats now but several in the past,,,my black cats name is sam and I have a gray tiger stripped named ebon

I'll add that I have had several black cats,one at a time,and I have always named them sam

i'm sorry to hear about your cat and rabbit Aubrey Rose,thats awful,,whats wrong with people?

Moonstone,,,interesting and very weird,,would have liked to have seen that

Doe
Elem

Post by Elem »

I'll put up some pictures just as soon as I manage to find where I've put them.

That's the worst thing about wiping your computer - You always forget where you backed everything up to..!

Elem
N.R. Naiacinaed

Post by N.R. Naiacinaed »

I love my cat. His name is Cubby...Really Cubone, but we call him Cubby for short, and he responds to both. He's beautiful. All gray, except for a few white spots on his chest and tummy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/ ... CN0122.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/ ... ddaa23.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/ ... CN0032.jpg
Elem

Post by Elem »

Awww, he's beautiful Risse :).

Reminds me of a cat I used to have who was all grey, except for little white 'socks'.. And a pink belly, too, when he got old and started to lose his hair :lol:.

Elem
N.R. Naiacinaed

Post by N.R. Naiacinaed »

Yeah. I love him. He's my little baby. xD Not so little anymore, though, as you can tell. =D He's a good cat, most of the time. And I love him lots.

~*Ashley*~
naudica

Post by naudica »

My cats are socks and stripeds.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.

Return to “Animals and Pets”