Samhain this year

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Nightwatcher

Re: Samhain this year

Post by Nightwatcher »

I'm thinking now to visit the Graves of the couple that helped my parents when they come to the US. As well as light some incense for my grandparents that have passed. Probably make an offering to Hades as well to help keep their souls safe.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

My group and I are going to be having a bonfire!!! (: I'm super excited and can't wait!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

I am going up north with some mates for a camping/hiking trip that weekend so no special rituals planned though I will probably do a little something out in the woodlands for myself. I generally use it as a time to remember lost loved ones and tell them we who are still on this plane of existence are fairing well and not to worry.
azriel

Post by azriel »

Since Samhain is a holiday to honor and connect with the Other realm, it is similar to another holiday that I celebrate as a Mexican; el Día de los Muertos. My altar for Samhain is a mix of pagan symbols and clay foods, Calaveras, and catrinas that would normally be placed on an ofrenda.

As for celebration, my family prepares a feast with the knowledge that deceased family members may be joining us for dinner. It usually comprises of paella or some other large plate that can feed many people. I will also set aside some dog treats and other treats for non-family members that might stop by during the next few days.

We then participate in the Halloween festivities and give out candy to the children in the neighborhood!

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

This will be my first Samhain, and I have no-one who shares my beliefs to celebrate with. I honestly have no idea how I'll celebrate, but I want it to be something really meaningful! I'm trying to set aside some time to get some research done/plans made....
Odirlurea

Post by Odirlurea »

I am really looking forward to Samhain. Where I live celebrating Halloween is not very common and this will be the first time I really celebrate it. I also don't know anyone who shares my beliefs so I will be celebrating it on my own. I want to cook a lot, maybe make my friends or family dinner, carve out pumpkins (loooove pumpkins) and so something like a little ritual to start the new year fresh. I have a lot to let go and a lot to look forward to so Samhain will be a perfect time to focus on that.
nyxmoonshadow

Post by nyxmoonshadow »

This will be my first Samhain where I am actually able to do something (I no longer live with my parents, and I told my boyfriend about my beliefs) but like Falcon and Odirlurea, I have no one to celebrate with! I just finished my altar so, I'm going to sit down these next couple of weeks to write a nice ritual and maybe lurk around WitchVox to see if there are any cool events going on close by.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”