My gifts

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

Elem wrote:Ever noticed how just before a lightning storm the air tastes slightly 'metallic' too? Or how the hairs on your arm stand on end? Similar to aching joints / headaches, these are just common side-effects of the build of up charge / change of pressure in the atmosphere when a storm's coming along.

*levitates off to bed*

Elem
Actually I have noticed that taste. I refered to it as the taste of "wet lead".

The only aches and pains I get prior to a storm are in my lower head and neck and my left hand. These are do though, to the fact that I broke my middle left finger and shattered my jaw as a a teenager so I expect it. Kinda like a built in barometer.

Pagan sister: Welcome to the groups. I hope you find us enjoyable. Sorry for the ribbing of others. We kid a lot here.

BB.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
Elem

Post by Elem »

Actually I have noticed that taste. I refered to it as the taste of "wet lead".
Not that I know what wet lead tastes like, given I've never licked it (what.. with being poisonous n all ;) haha).. But I see where you're coming from!

Interesting way of describing it.. Although it does conjure up a pretty good similarity in 'taste'.. That is.. When I imagine what wet lead would taste like.. Although it's peculiar how you can 'imagine' a taste, then you actually start to taste it on your tongue.. Hmm..

*shakes head*

Ahh, I'm tired.. I'm going to bed before I get myself more confused haha.

Elem
[Epothes]

Post by [Epothes] »

Time for defensive recoil...Yeah? Well what if it was psychic powers? Nah. My uncle is well known for being full of **** if you know what I mean. He can tell a good story but when it all boils down none of it is true. "I solved the crime of the century by locating a bullet 500 miles from a crime scene investigation!" Also, we were in Bakersfield at that time in a dry desert.
~Epothes~
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

Elem: never tasted lead myself either but somehow, that's the way I imagine the taste would be, why I don't know. It just seemed right the first time I described it to myself in my head and it kinda stuck. Something else, just as random nature trivia, Look to the trees when a storm approaches. They reverse the fold on their leaves and turn them so the underside can get water on it. It's another way that they drink.

I like the idea of psychic powers but I am glad that I show no signs of any at the moment beyond the worlds most faulty precognition (It's worked like, five times my whole life and each time, it was just maybe a few minutes before events started into motion that resulted in one of my numerous hospital stays or one of my more severe injuries. Seriously. Accurate like Ray Charles at a shoot out.) I know for a fact that I am no wheres near mature or centered emotionaly enough to use them responsibly. The law of three would warrent me being LITERALLY stuck by ;ightning on a cear cloudless day as reprimand. I'll stick to being just plain old Wiccan little me.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.

Return to “For Everyone”