Voodoo Doll? Answers needed...

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Rein

Post by Rein »

Look, no one here can be sure if this woman is telling the truth or not, I'll just give her the benefit of the doubt here, because I don't *know*.

Isn't is possible that the original owner sealed it away for a good reason? Maybe they had used it and something horrible had happened....or maybe they just had reason to hide it. It's possible that they just weren't sure how to dispose of it.

I think the main thing should be doing is convincing her friend not to take it, or take it and then cleanse it THOUROUGHLY! Let's face it, none of us can be sure if this is real or just a complete load. I just think that the doll needs to be disposed of, because if there's any chance that it does in fact have power, I just don't feel alright about allowing it to exist.

We can't be sure, so "better safe then sorry!"
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

Another possibility to consider....

The doll was buried in the house to HONOR an individual who had passed away during military service.

Dressed in black (or possibly dark blue/Union or gray/Confederacy that has darkened over the years) cloth but with a white chest would represent funeral burial clothes for a soldier. The star would represent military service during the Civil War. The numbers would represent his regiment number.

Some guy dies during the Civil War, and his grieving widow decides to put a doll of him inside the wall of the house so her dead husband will watch over the family for generations to come. Happened a lot. Not "voodoo", not "evil", not even especially "magickal". Just a grieving widow wanting her husband to watch over the house. If the individual in question isn't comfortable with having it around, turn it over to a historical society. If they don't feel comfortable doing that, then by all means return it back to the elements (bury, burn, or cast into running water).

This, of course, is assuming that it isn't a lovely bit of urban legend, which is where my vote still goes...
killawa

Post by killawa »

I use to look up different religions and at some point of time I learned about voodoo dolls. They say that a doll respersents a certain person(one indivual) and that for the doll to send out energy it has to have a object from that person. The doll they found sounds like it is a replica of a real one due to the fact that it has 666 on it, that is used more with the santaic religion. What I mean is it has to be some one who isn't too familar with the religion and just wanted to try it to see if it would work.
Now for the feeling of energy comming from it, I believe it is comming from the person that holds it from within their self, it's like findind a baby bird you have a strong connection with it because you found it and want to take care of it and not let anything happen to it. it's sorta the same you found something different and want to figure it out or to believe that it does harm to people. I hope I helped out some!!!
Merry Parts,
killawa :wink:
Comus

Post by Comus »

juliaki wrote:Another possibility to consider....

The doll was buried in the house to HONOR an individual who had passed away during military service.

Dressed in black (or possibly dark blue/Union or gray/Confederacy that has darkened over the years) cloth but with a white chest would represent funeral burial clothes for a soldier. The star would represent military service during the Civil War. The numbers would represent his regiment number.

Some guy dies during the Civil War, and his grieving widow decides to put a doll of him inside the wall of the house so her dead husband will watch over the family for generations to come. Happened a lot. Not "voodoo", not "evil", not even especially "magickal". Just a grieving widow wanting her husband to watch over the house. If the individual in question isn't comfortable with having it around, turn it over to a historical society. If they don't feel comfortable doing that, then by all means return it back to the elements (bury, burn, or cast into running water).

This, of course, is assuming that it isn't a lovely bit of urban legend, which is where my vote still goes...
Damn good point.
Idz qaala

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”