Indigo Children

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
[ravenwing]

Post by [ravenwing] »

We have an 11yo diagnosed ADHD when he was 8 -- after years of tryig to figure it out. the last thing we wanted was ritalin so we did a lot of research and found Concerta. I'll say this about it --- before this child was on it, his grades were failing, he couldnt sit down and concentrate on something for more than two or three minutes at a time. Couldnt color and stay within the lines no matter how hard he tried. FOUR hours after he began with concerta, this child sat at our table where we have a napkin holder that has a lighthouse and two ships on it -- and PERFECTLY drew a picture of what he saw --- so perfect was this drawing it made his mother burst out in tears. Three years later this child is an honor roll student, excellent athlete, a winner of multiple awards for writing and poetry (yes- poetry from a boy!), an actor in the local theater, and more capable of holding an adult conversation than many of the adults I know.
All of this with no more side effects than a lack of appetite at lunch time (we feed him extra for breakfast and dinner!)

As for Crystals and Indigos -- here's how it was explained to me:

A Crystal Child is supposedly the "next evolution of humans", more tied in to the spiritual plane than we are. This comes with a VERY big thirst for "input" of any kind- whether its learning, or music, or art, or just input from the general world -- they want to know it ALL, and know it now! youll find them totally immmersed in something new until they know it backwards and forwards, then that gets disposed of and on to the next thing. - always craving more knowledge. But this comes with a disadvantage of sorts -- a terrible temper when they become "overloaded" with input at any given time. When theyve had enough - theyve had enough, and if the input isnt immediately reduced they tend to become nasty and are prone to fits of temper until the situation is resolved.

An Indigo Child is the next evolution of the Crystal ---- the same type child without the temper. They just simply shut down when theyve had enough, without the anger and temper associated with a Crystal Child.
[ForestWitch]

Post by [ForestWitch] »

Eretik wrote:ARGGGGGGHHHHHH! new age tripppy pseudoscience - reminds me of scientology - ARRRRGGGGHHH - don't go there - it's idiocy disguised in stupidity, mirroring enigmatic whimsy. Gods preserve us from such shite ever being taken seriously by sane people. End of rant. Seriously, I have personal experience of severe autism - my opinion is' flay these loonies alive' -this is dangerous nonsense. PSEUDOSCIENCE!!
:lol: I tend to agree. I'm not in favor of anything that makes some kind of bullshit mystical excuse for leaving real disorders untreated nor am I impressed by making those same bullshit mystical excuses for kids who are simply undisciplined, poorly managed brats.

I've been a teacher for a lot of years now and I agree with those of you who believe that ADD and ADHD are grossly overdiagnosed disorders. I also believe that much "hyperactivity" could be managed with good behavior management skills and with realizing that kids have different learning styles. Still, I have seen kids for whom ritalin worked wonders. I think people need to be very clear about whether their child is truly failing to learn because of their hyperactivity or if they're just a disruptive force in the classroom. Sometimes those fidgety, seemingly off-task kids are picking up a lot more than you'd think.
jcrowfoot

"gifted"

Post by jcrowfoot »

Whew! Opinion time. Here open the floodgates.

The whole crystal-indigo children thing... eep. On one side, I'm all for looking at a set of problems from a different point of view. To think of autism as a blessing and not a curse... I don't think *that's* necessarily a bad thing. Religious people have been doing this sort of thing for a long time, and this attitude is not limited to new agers.

On the other, I think that Ereitik has a point. Having been seen as "gifted" fairly mangled my childhood. It was bunch of empty praise and pressure without any of the things that really would have made a difference.

The ridiculous part is that the description of the indigo child was spot-on for me as a child. Which gets me to thinking: aren't most bright kids hungry for knowledge? Don't most people shut down when they've gotten too much? Seems human if you ask me.

For all we know in 20 years they will all have support groups and think that it was smarm abuse. :-) Anyway, I think people treat kids too smarmy as it is.

Now, on to ADD treatment:

My brother might have ADD and had taken Ritalin for most of his childhood. As soon as he graduated from high school he stopped. He's quiet, which is odd, because he was a very outgoing and talkative kid. Back then, it seemed obvious that he needed it. Without his drugs, he was so hyper, confrontational and unfocused that it drove everyone to distraction. Afterwards his grades improved from dismal to average, etc.

Not long ago, I asked him about his childhood. After this conversation with him, I'm not so sure it was a great idea that he took it. He told me that taking it was like being literally on fire. He was in pain all the time. He didn't even notice he was hungry until he was falling over from low blood sugar. He felt so removed from the world around him he barely noticed it. And now he's mad as hell because he doesn't remember our father at all and he's gone.

What's the price people are willing to pay to make a kid behave in school?

And worse, it's the kid paying it, and he doesn't even have a good enough connection to his body to inform the doctor there's a problem.

On the OTHER hand, I'm not convinced that all psychoactive medication is evil. I've seen it help people, and it's helped me. It's just that people tend to get medication happy as a way to solve problems that are complex.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Thank you so much for your input, Forest witch, Enlightenment and J. Crowfoot, I really do believe that our 'special' children are to be nourished, not fed drugs. I know it's hard, I 've watched my friend Erin, suffer, I've seen her son, my special friend Reece, suffer - it's so hard sometimes.I believe, wholeheartedly, it's worth it. These children need so much care and attention, it can be draining, I know. They bring so much joy too, let go, it's important. I can't properly explain, but my young autistic friend teaches me. Through him, I've learned a lot about non -verbal communication, I feel when he needs or wants something- It's there- just 'cos. I do ,just 'cos- and he always knows that I 'll get what he needs/wants, just 'cos. Does that make any sense?
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

it made plenty of sense.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Thank you.Geri.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

I'm violently against what happened to my brother. NO one should have to deal with side effects on the level that he did... just for some lousy "appropirate" behavior.

I don't actually know any autistic people, save some high functioning asbergers and one who's REALLY high functioning who didn't need special treatment anyway. (He's a genius, and the right people recognised that.) Nor am I familar with conventional treatment for same, so I'm not really entitled to an opinion in that regard.

The psychoactive medication question is tough for me. I was a guinea pig for the doctors all through my secondary school years. I have no idea what I'd be like if they'd just left me alone.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Oh Gods, J. Crowfoot, there are no easy answers. I wish, from my heart, really, that we devote more time to motherhood, with all that entails, these children are special, here to teach us, with all our superior knowledge, whatever that entails. I don't know what to say right now. I feel blessed to know these children. They teach me more than I could ever hope to learn, through scientific knowledge et all. Geri.
Nikita

Post by Nikita »

Indigo children dont all have ADHD it's only a suggestion from the person that made site. Ya dont need to choke each other over it. Im indigo and good majority of my friends are Indigo and not one of us has ADD or ADHD my neice is a crystal and she dont have anything like that. Not all of them do. But they all do have the same traits to get people do they have that or do they not. No they dont its just them,... ill shut up and go back me music :p
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

This is one of those things where there is no use trying to argue about it. Either you believe in these things or you don't. Though unless you are an indigo or have come in contact with them, then I can see how one can be skeptical of them. I'm just going to say that I believe it and leave it at that.
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Excuse my last post, I had a few good red wines, by this point and I got very sentimental and a little maudlin. Nikita, I have not based my concerns and opinion on the one source of information. I researched this thoroughly, in respect of an earlier topic than this one. I understand the concept, it's based on , in part, the generational aspects in Astrology, this part of it makes sense, each new generation, after all adds to the experience and evolution of us all. My concern lies with the more extreme aspects, where children with these conditions have been claimed as 'spiritually evolved' and paraded as superior beings [ claims being made include the concept of 'starseeds and 'walk ins', this is where the similarity with Scientology comes in]Many of these kids have been denied conventional medicine and some have said their lives were ruined by their parents adherence to these ideas.[ one site I have has testimony from young adults, who have first hand experience] I am highly concerned and very sceptical of this. I will come back later with some interesting material I found [ I lost a lot of stored info. in a crash, a while back] You can then gain a better understanding of my concerns. I am not against this concept per se. I am upset by the extremity of some of those involved, as I said, at the more extreme end of this concept.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

jcrowfoot:
The ridiculous part is that the description of the indigo child was spot-on for me as a child. Which gets me to thinking: aren't most bright kids hungry for knowledge? Don't most people shut down when they've gotten too much? Seems human if you ask me.
This describes me perfectly as well. I've been a sponge for information as long as anyone can remember, but when I get oversaturated I just stop, and get disinterested in everything, until my mind has had time to sort through things. Then I start soaking again (I'm in a soak-it-all-up phase again right now, actually LOL) but I don't believe that I'm 'indigo' or whatever. I'm just me, and less special than I once thought, but still special.

My problem with the indigo/crystal children thing (and Nikita, I mean NO offense by this) is that it's one of those concepts that gets overused, like so many things. I definately believe in it, and I definately think there's people out there that are at that stage of evolution - most of them probably do a good job of blending in, likely when they recognize that they ARE different, or if they scare or startle someone with their talents; 'Huh? What do you mean you couldn't do quadratic equations blindfolded and standing on your head at age 6? I thought everyone could do that!' But a lot of people in the world have a tendency to want to feel 'special'. Who can blame them? Ego is a basic human need, and when it is unfulfilled the person will seek to elevate themselves in some way, whether by bullying or by claiming to be 'unique' in some way. Like in high school, when suddenly everyone around you is bisexual. Someone will be better than normal (but not necessarily great) and decide this means they're an indigo because they also had trouble getting along with other kids in school or something. And, as shown earlier, it goes the other way. Some poor kid is hyperactive in school, whether because they're smart and bored or just badly raised, and a teacher or parent will go 'GET THE DRUGS!!!'

Hmm... I'll stop the rant now, I think everyone knows what I'm saying LOL
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

One of the pages I 'll be putting up later has a quiz on it, I recommend everyone looking at it - I can tick the boxes, can you? I think it will be revealing, but more later.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I forgot about this and only just remembered, the first list I have put up is for 'adult' characteristics, the next one will be the child quiz. How do you score????

Indigo Adult Characteristics

Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.

Are very creative and enjoy making things.

Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.

Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.

Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn't DARE, usually due to parental pressure.

May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.

Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.

Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.

Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.

May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).

May have trouble with RAGE.

Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, ie. political, educational, medical, and legal.

Alienation from or anger with politics - feeling your voice won't count and/or that the outcome really doesn't mattter.

Frustration with or rejection of the traditional lifestyle dream - 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.

Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother watching you."

Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.

Have psychic or spiritual interest appear fairly young - in or before teen years.

Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn't mean you're not an indigo, though.

Have strong intuition.

Random behavior pattern or mind style - (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.

Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.

May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.

May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.

Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.

Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.

When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.

Please note, anyone could have a few of these traits, but Indigo Adults have most or all of these 25 characteristics.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I score 25/25. I can provide voluminous evidence to back this assertion too. Do I believe I am Indigo? about as much as I believe my anti -social nature marks me as a sociopath, guess how much belief that is????
I think many here would score very highly.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Is Your Child an Indigo?
To find out, ask yourself these questions:

Did your child come into the world acting like royalty?

Does your child have a feeling of deserving to be here?

Does your child have an obvious sense of self?

Does your child have difficulty with discipline and authority?

Does your child refuse to do certain things they are told to do?

Is waiting in lines torture for your child?

Is your child frustrated by ritual-oriented systems that require little creativity?

Does your child see better ways of doing thing at home and at school?

Is your child a nonconformist?

Does your child refuse to respond to guilt trips?

Does your child get bored rather easily with assigned tasks?

Does your child display symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder?

Is your child particularly creative?

Does your child display intuition?

Does your child have strong empathy for others?

Did your child develop abstract thinking very early?

Is your child very intelligent?

Is your child very talented (may be identified as gifted)?

Does your child seem be a daydreamer?

Does your child have very old, deep, wise looking eyes?

Does your child have spiritual intelligence?

If you have more than 10 yes answers, he or she probably is an Indigo. If more than 15, almost definitely.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again,100%scoring. I was that child. That is not huge ego talking,I have still got the certificates/awards for all the little 'intellectual achievements' I earned as the 'pet performing monkey' for my schools/college etc.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”