Otherkin?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Granamyr

Post by Granamyr »

I know many Otherkin and Therianthropes online and have been a part of their communities for several years. I used to identify as Otherkin. But over time and self-reflection I've come to think I'm more a sensitive person that naturally experiences energetic and mental shape-shifting. It's a wonderful experience and while there is a lot of fluff out there, the Otherkin and Therian communities are no different than others seeking to understand identity and who they are by comparing experiences.
sheelanagig

Post by sheelanagig »

Have any of you considered that the feelings of memories of animals and other worldy /unwordly beings are memories contained in your core energy (which is the real you) from past lives here on earth and other locations (distand planets and galaxies)?
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Sure. It makes sense that personality traits as well as memories; especially memories of strong feelings; carry over with you from other times and places. It would go a long way toward explaining reasons for phobias too.

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
Neir

That explains it

Post by Neir »

I could very well see myself as connected to some sort of other being as well, just because of my existence as a weirdness magnet, but I think my friend is a Fae.

He has compulsions that follow specific criteria (if you ask him a question, he has to answer you or he will feel extremely uncomfortable; he makes deals with random inanimate things, plants, and animals, and always keeps his end of the bargain). He's also got very Fae-like characteristics (he is flighty and capricious; he's very hedonistic; he looks ten years younger than he is; he's led a charmed life...).

On top of all this, he hasn't brushed it aside when I suggested this to him. He simply asked whether he'd necessarily know if he was Fae. I told him I wasn't sure, and I still am not sure. I've continued to watch him, and he continues to do things make me think of him as something other than purely human.

Tschüß!

~Neir~
Earth Ritual

Post by Earth Ritual »

I find that the more I learn about the Otherworldly aspects of my being the more I learn about how to be fully human. For instance, the Fae Spirits are deeply interested in community, love, and very festive relationships between humans and nature.
You are either for Life or against It. There is no in between.

I used to believe in god above. Now I'm filled with so much love.-Erykah Badu after the invocation of the Goddess

May the love that holds eternity at its fingertips kiss each and everyone one you on the lips. May your words bring worlds that bring hope to a world dying to be reborn.
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

sheelanagig wrote:Have any of you considered that the feelings of memories of animals and other worldy /unwordly beings are memories contained in your core energy (which is the real you) from past lives here on earth and other locations (distand planets and galaxies)?
it's possible
Xal

Post by Xal »

Earth Ritual wrote:I find that the more I learn about the Otherworldly aspects of my being the more I learn about how to be fully human.
A wise observation.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”