Whats the story behind your username?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
EbonySunset

Re: Whats the story behind your username?

Post by EbonySunset »

I was going through some old boxes a few months ago and came across my old Cradle Of Filth cd's (yeah I loved them about 15 years ago!) so I played them for a giggle. My name Ebony Sunset came to me when I was listening to their song Ebony Dressed For Sunset. I know it's cheesy, but I really like the name!
HippieWitch

Post by HippieWitch »

The story behind my user name was because of my ex. She was a hippie and turned me to her ways, and started calling me her little hippie witch since I practiced witchcraft regularly at the time. Her 3 kids loved to watch me do that. :-)
Shiloh
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

My username is Chinese for "Little Lotus". "Lotus" (rong) is a part of my Chinese name (which is not the name on my passport and stuff), and I like it because of it has lots of associations with the divine in Eastern traditions (and also the idea of something precious and beautiful coming out of the mud ... not that I'm beautiful, but that's the connotation). "Little" (xiao) is just a common dimunitive added to names to make them more nickname-y.

Plus, this explains my profile picture, too!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Violet

Post by Violet »

Violets are my favorite flower.

I fell in love with a scent called Violet Flower Water when I was in high school, but the fragrance is now discontinued.

One spring I was walking a pathway after church when my church's minister handed a flower to me on the walk.

"What is this?" I asked.

"A wild violet," he said, smiling at me.

I pressed it into my Bible, where it permanently remained. During my confirmation classes I plagued him with endless questions. I questioned Christianity from every angle and debated with him long after classes were over. He suggested to me at some time I should consider becoming a minister. He was my first spiritual guide.
MelanieGabrielle

Post by MelanieGabrielle »

Melanie is my first name and Gabrielle is my middle name. Yeah nothing to special lol. :lol:
QueenVictoria

Post by QueenVictoria »

Awesome thread. I read it all. Lets resurrect it. My user name comes from my given name. I was just working with what I have. You can call me Your Majesty if you want to. ;)
Namaste
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

My name has a combination of meanings actually.
1st, I made it to honor the women in my family that have battled breast cancer. Some made it & some didn't. I am a very outspoken breast cancer awareness advocate.
This is how I became obsessed with the color pink.
2nd, I feel that pink is such a feminine color & that women are beautiful, powerful beings, not little diminutive weaklings that some would have you believe. That's where the power in my names comes in.
3rd, I was born in 1980 lol.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I started out on another forum as catspaw1950. The catspaw part is from a Star Trek episode, and 1950 is my hubby's birth year. Everything has kind of morphed from there. I use feline names on various forums. SnowCat is for my very possessive mostly Norwegian Forest cat Frosty. He's my avatar picture. I've also been known as Shasta, Grimalkin, and Minoo. I have multiple cat disorder. My multiple cats cause disirer, and I vary my cat personas from forum to forum.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
MistressOfTheMoon

Post by MistressOfTheMoon »

I'm petite, a geek, and a girl. So I combined "lil" for little with "geek" and "princess". Voila. Lilgeekess :D It's not my magical name though. Never been fond of the idea.
"For the Spirit lies within."
~ Ada S.
AncientSideEffects

Post by AncientSideEffects »

Not really sure. I saw the word username and the box for it and that smacked me in the head. Without thinking I typed it in. If I had to ponder a guess why, I feel centuries old ("Ancient") for some reason or another, I feel like I'm standing on the "Side" lines from the rest of the group and I feel like "Effect" everyone or no one. I added the s because everything changes something.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Wow, I come back to this forum so many years later and one of my threads is still on the first page. :D
InfiniteDawn

Post by InfiniteDawn »

JamesDean wrote:Wow, I come back to this forum so many years later and one of my threads is still on the first page. :D
It's a good topic!

The origin of my username: Dawn is my given middle name, after my grandmother who lost her fight with breast cancer before I could meet her. I always felt close to her, though. This combined with my interest in nature-y names resulted in a deep love for the name.
As for the "infinite" part, “We must learn to reawaken and keep ourselves awake, not by mechanical aids, but by an infinite expectation of the dawn.” Henry David Thoreau is one of my favorite authors and I particularly like this quote. So, InfiniteDawn was born. :)
Jade Rose

Post by Jade Rose »

Ah, after reading everyone's posts I wish I had been more careful when choosing my name.

Well I've always loved roses and if my real life name's number hadn't naturally matched my birth number (in numerology), I would want to be named Rosé (yes the way you'd pronounce and spell that wine haha), but since my name and birth date do match I figured at least my username should include Rose, the Jade though I honestly have no idea where that came from. (;
MistressOfTheMoon

Post by MistressOfTheMoon »

Jade Rose wrote:Ah, after reading everyone's posts I wish I had been more careful when choosing my name.

Well I've always loved roses and if my real life name's number hadn't naturally matched my birth number (in numerology), I would want to be named Rosé (yes the way you'd pronounce and spell that wine haha), but since my name and birth date do match I figured at least my username should include Rose, the Jade though I honestly have no idea where that came from. (;
I don't see anything wrong with your username. It's very lovely :) Jade is a wonderful stone and Rose are beautiful flowers.
"For the Spirit lies within."
~ Ada S.
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Jade Rose wrote:Ah, after reading everyone's posts I wish I had been more careful when choosing my name.

My cousin is named Jade & I've always loooved her name.

Return to “For Everyone”