Anyone work with Hekate?

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.
Dark_Angel

Re: Anyone work with Hekate?

Post by Dark_Angel »

I love reading all these wonderful stories! I'm just starting on my path and my experience isn't as exciting (or loud lol) as I've seen. Just a woman's voice in my head, helping me. Also telling me I need to study up more on her lol. She isn't a Goddess I've always been drawn to, but she is one that I need for sure. ☺️
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

MOTHERofDRAGONS wrote:I studied Wicca, I actually did my year and a day. ... After that, I came to the conclusion, that being a pagan witch better suited me. I'm a Polytheist. .. I can't shake that feeling. And to me, Wicca denies that, in a way. I'm not anti Wicca, I just love to feel that each God and Goddess as a different personality.
Thank you for the authors name... I have studied many, many years.. Don't know if I ran across her not, but I will look into her. I know her symbols.. Her different stories.. Snakes, dogs, (3headed, black... Hekabe) horses, 3way crossroads.. Midwife, she helps spirits cross beyond the veil, .. I just love hearing new information... Her direction is the west.. (associated with water) willows, moonstone... Most people associate her as the Crone, but I don't. I associate her as a Mother. Taking care of the drifters... The "stranglings" at the edge of society...
The orphans, the runaways.. The black sheeps... The ones that always went against the grain...not because they "wanted" to, but because they didn't know any other way...those beautiful souls that the Goddess calls upon..

May her torch guide you
M~Dragons
Wicca is an orthopraxy and there are hard polytheistic Wiccans.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/sermonsfro ... st-wiccan/
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
AthenaLaReina

Post by AthenaLaReina »

Hecate is one if the four main goddesses I approach for general help. She revealed herself to me when I was trying to increase power for a very important ritual months ago, and has continued to be a part of those I pray to since. I don't see why she couldn't be a part of your beliefs. She's powerful and patient from my experiences.
Best wishes to the best witches!

Return to “Gods/Goddesses”