What symbol do you wear?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Aspiria

Re: What symbol do you wear?

Post by Aspiria »

Zili wrote:First off I don't wear the typical symbols. I wear a butterfly tattoo on my wrist proudly (a totem animal) and although i'm fearful of spiders, spider is showing up in my totem lately and I've been wearing my spider web choker which was a collaboration between me and a friend I made the pendant, she did the macrame work.

[EDIT: sorry Tinypic out of business]

Secondly, about 2 hours south east of NTIF is FWCF if you're able to make it out march 16 - 17 or April 20 - 21 to the Four Winds Canterbury Faire I'll be out there working at the Out of the Mists Belly Dance shop ^_^
Where is this at?
Last edited by Firebird on Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tiny pic gone
WalnutDryad

Post by WalnutDryad »

I used to wear a lot of various amulets and crystals, but last year when I went riding, one of the horses ripped of one of my boot buckles, so ever since I've been wearing that boot buckle. The horse who knocked it of is one of the most surefooted, clever and inspiring horses I've met. I feel like that buckle he hoofed off now has some of his qualities, and I feel protected by it XD Sorry if it sounds silly. Its also a happy memory of that day, and I love the idea of wearing a memory around my neck :P
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

WalnutDryad, I love that your symbol has a personal history and significance to you! It's really neat.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Violet

What symbol do you wear?

Post by Violet »

Aspiria wrote:
Violet Flower Witch wrote:Do you wear a spiritual symbol or amulet in everyday life? What does it look like?

I have been thinking for a while about what would feel right for me, and what personal symbols I would want to wear. I am about to go to the North Texas Irish Festival and will have plenty of pagan jewelry to consider. I'm thinking of getting a goat or ram.
When is this festival?
It was the first weekend of March in Fair Park, Dallas. And I'm sorry I didn't see your post sooner.
Violet

What symbol do you wear?

Post by Violet »

I didn't find my symbol. Everything was a little too large. I wore my regular pentacle (which I find a little too large) and realized I feel comforted by its familiarity.

I did get an amulet with a bottle of scented oil called "Morgan le Fey." I love it!
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

Found this thread interesting. I wear a Moldavite stone, for energy, but it's very strong, so I only wear it a few hours a day, and never when I'm asleep. (my dreams get too vivid, and some bad memories come in and become night terrors...)

But I also wear my pendulum Moonstone as a Symbol of Hecate, and it's my birthstone, my sister gave me a Egyptian poison ring, that has a pentacle on it, and she placed my hair, and my children's hair and added Blessed water, and sealed it. And finally I wear a pentagram necklace, with a crone crescent moon sitting, cradled into the middle of the star.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

I wear Solomon's key - a key with a pentagram in it. I also have a large moonstone that has been charged with moonlight, to enhance my psychic receptivity.

Blessed be

Dark Moon
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
MOTHERofDRAGONS

I have Solomon's Key, but it was welded on a bracelet. The bracelet broke, and I can't find a way to wear it now.. Very frustrating. It's a beautiful piece. I carry it con my person, but not displayed...
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Yes my partner actually lost my last one, after i gave it to him to mind to go swimming (!) so bought the same one again. I wont be making that mistake twice :)
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
MOTHERofDRAGONS

I also wear a ying/yang emblem ring.. For a symbol of balance.... I love the infinity symbol, just haven't found a piece of jewelry or anything that I like to carry. Thought about getting it tattooed.. Because I have a specific idea in mind, about filigree surrounding it, that I want.
Just need to find a good artist.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I also have a little heart, to remind myself to be good to myself
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
MistressOfTheMoon

What symbol do you wear?

Post by MistressOfTheMoon »

Call it cliché but I have always been drawn to the pentagram. So I wear a silver pentacle around my neck and sometimes use it for dowsing, as an assistive tool for tarot divination.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374651576.070112.jpg
This is a picture of me wearing the silver pentacle. I wear it all the time, even when I sleep. And I believe the silver aids in giving me vivid dreams.

Another symbol I wear is the Ankh. I wear it as a bracelet on my projective hand to symbolize my desire to channel their beliefs into my life. I am really fascinated by Egyptian religion and currently studying it. Since the Ankh is widely used as a symbol throughout many Egyptian texts across centuries, I thought: "What better way to honor Egyptian belief than wear a symbol they respected?" Like my pentacle, it is also made of silver. Not really fond of gold or the Sun.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374652511.913048.jpg
I used to have a silver pentacle ring on my thumb. I put it on my thumb since in palmistry, it represents a person's character and I have always seen witchcraft and the occult as part of me. It had an engraving of my name. Sadly, I lost it when I was still a nursing student and set it aside (since wearing of jewelry is not allowed on duty). I am still looking for a way to acquire a new one since the shop I bought it from closed :(
"For the Spirit lies within."
~ Ada S.
DPhoenix

Post by DPhoenix »

I have an eye of Shiva amulet that I made (eye of Shiva agate, blue tourmaline & jet). I wear it when I feel I need psychic protection or when I'm working a ritual.

The other symbol I wear is a tattoo of the word Excelsior. It's my power word inspired by the Longfellow poem. The root word 'Excel' literally means 'higher'. It reminds me not to become complacent in life but to keep striving, no matter how much I feel like giving up.
Burn to ash we must
Purification by fire
To rise again new -Wanna be friends on face book? Add me Dorothy Phoenix
redelventrees

Post by redelventrees »

I wear a moonstone trinity knot!
Sorry, the only pictures on my facebook usually consist of me making silly faces.
Here's a picture of me trying to keep a straight smile while my boyfriend acts like a goob!
Last edited by Firebird on Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link to photo removed, not working
North Star

Post by North Star »

I really just wear crystals or stones. My first pentacle I got in Salem many moons ago, it had a beautiful tanzanite stone in the center... I lost it and was heart broken. I am not too big on pentacles now, they bring questions and I am quite private I guess. I have found a triple goddess pendant I am thinking about though, and it has a blue stone like my old pentacle. Something about those blue stones...

My favorite stone right now to wear is watermelon tourmaline, a heart chakra stone. I find it REALLY helps... I did not wear it yesterday and had a horrible day. Back on today, feeling much better!

When I told my husband the magickal properties of the stone he practically threw the credit card at me. :D I even noticed him look at my neck yesterday when I was feeling down... lol

Years ago the question would have been 'did you take your meds today?' now it is 'where is that crystal?!'. I like it this way a lot better!! ♥

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”